Sign in to follow this  
Pappy_Eagle

Carenado 390 Premier IA Startup Issue

I fly using P3Dv4.5 and had issues with the 'very different' Premier jet startup.  Every month since buying this plane, I tried the startup and it just did not work like any other Carenado plane.  I was very happy when this past week I found the answer in a youtube presentation.  It was all about the startup.  LOL

Issue is; you MUST use the Shift 8 key to bring up the menu for "how you will do startup".   EVERY TIME you must select COLD and DARK module.  This sets all the switches to the proper positions.

Seems strange, but I tried everything to start this plane by the Normal Procedure manual.   And, this is the same procedure you must use after you do a shut down procedure.   No escaping.  I guess you could shut down just the the left engine so you could exit the plane, but do not know if that is proper with this AC.

BTW, this is a fantastic little screamer for those flights up to or shorter of 1200 to 1500 nm hops.  Ceiling of 41k lets you pop over those big thunderheads.

Love this plane since understanding the COLD and DARK requirement.

vafs_status.php?cs=EGE001&w=0&c=0

9 hours ago, Pappy_Eagle said:

BTW, this is a fantastic little screamer for those flights up to or shorter of 1200 to 1500 nm hops.  Ceiling of 41k lets you pop over those big thunderheads.

Love this plane since understanding the COLD and DARK requirement.

I did not like the Premier in P3DV4.5 but I love the way it flies in Xplane11, and you are sooooo right, it is a fantastic little jet because it can keep up just enough with the big boys, with the right winds.  My fav Carenado jet in P3DV4.5 is the slower Citation 550, I just love the way the wings are positioned, and I love the way it flies although I have always had to edit the default pitch setting in the aircraft.cfg to get the autopilot to follow its own settings.

My favorite business jet for P3DV4.5 was the recommended Flysimware Falcon 50, and I have a series of screenshots in the screenshots forum and a video I just posted of a real time flight I flew from Napa, CA to JFK over mostly photo scenery.  Even after that long flight I was able to nail the landing, the Falcon 50 models ground effect very well, it is better than the Carenado Falcon 50 which I bought, but did not accept, because it required too much FMS programming to get it to its destination, it did not have a direct gps option like the Flysimware aircraft does.

One of my rare misses with Carenado, nobody's perfect.....

John

I have tried to use the SHIFT-8 but get no menu. No SHIFT+<key> does anything. I have contacted Carenado and they are unable to replicate the issue.

I have disabled ChasePlan, and deleted most of the keyboard shortcuts from p3d. Still no luck. 

Any ideas?

Thanks, 

-Andy