Sign in to follow this  
Alexandre6463

Captain Sim 20$ sales

Captains,

Time flies. Captain Sim is 20!

Any anniversary discounts? You bet!

On the 20AUG at 2020Z, just 20 hours 20 minutes, everything is $20.20 at https://www.captainsim.com
Stay tuned,
Captain Sim News

• Like 2

If you don’t have the Capt 757 VIII, I’d consider picking it up for $20

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

I usually already own everything that Captain Sim has by the time a sale comes, but this time I don't. So I have to trim my credit card for the approach  ✈️

Yeah, so the expansions that are 19.99 will be 20.20 ? What a bargain ...

• Like 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Well I might just jump on the 777-200 for P3Dv4.

spacer.png

L1011 coming my way.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

How is the 757?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

3 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

How is the 757?

Pretty good as it is now. Way more reliable than previous versions and quite a few steps up QW's model. It is still a bit framerate-heavy though.

• Like 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

That;s what I heard too

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

For 20 dollars, the 757 is an absolute bargain, regardless of the "negative reviews".

I paid the full price and it was and is my airliner of choice.

I freely admit that I have no interest in the minutiae of operating a jet airliner.

It looks superb, it flies and I can fly it with my low skill level which is most important to me.

So are the 737, the 777 and the 1011 but if you don't like Captain Sim, the choice is easy,

don't buy any of them.

I do and this is an opportuntiy for me to have a few more in P3D v4.

I have the entire collection for FSX and the fact that Captain Sim are still there after 20 years

is pretty good evidence that I am not alone.

Edited by Reader

I don't recall anything being $1.01 on their 1st anniversary. 😉

This likely has more to do with MSFS "2020" fears/realities. Even PMDG had a sale which NEVER happened. 

Anniversary excuses = testing the waters.

Now we wait for the never before seen 1.7324 ( or whatever ) year anniversary.😂 

13 hours ago, kingm56 said:

If you don’t have the Capt 757 VIII, I’d consider picking it up for $20

I will second that, it's an excellent first time airliner to learn.

14 hours ago, Alexandre6463 said:

On August 20th only Captain sim is having a sale.. everything at 20$

Also it's at 2020 zulu time

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/zulu

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Of course all of us who have spent thousands of our currencies on our flight simulators

and their add ons will immediately delete them all and move to MSFS 2020 on "day one".

All the third party developers will close down on the same day, leaving their products unsupported.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 2