Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Captains,

Time flies. Captain Sim is 20!

Any anniversary discounts? You bet!

On the 20AUG at 2020Z, just 20 hours 20 minutes, everything is $20.20 at https://www.captainsim.com
Stay tuned,
Captain Sim News

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t have the Capt 757 VIII, I’d consider picking it up for $20

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually already own everything that Captain Sim has by the time a sale comes, but this time I don't. So I have to trim my credit card for the approach  ✈️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, so the expansions that are 19.99 will be 20.20 ? What a bargain ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I might just jump on the 777-200 for P3Dv4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

How is the 757?

Pretty good as it is now. Way more reliable than previous versions and quite a few steps up QW's model. It is still a bit framerate-heavy though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For 20 dollars, the 757 is an absolute bargain, regardless of the "negative reviews".

I paid the full price and it was and is my airliner of choice.

I freely admit that I have no interest in the minutiae of operating a jet airliner.

It looks superb, it flies and I can fly it with my low skill level which is most important to me.

So are the 737, the 777 and the 1011 but if you don't like Captain Sim, the choice is easy,

don't buy any of them.

I do and this is an opportuntiy for me to have a few more in P3D v4.

I have the entire collection for FSX and the fact that Captain Sim are still there after 20 years

is pretty good evidence that I am not alone.

Edited by Reader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't recall anything being $1.01 on their 1st anniversary. 😉

This likely has more to do with MSFS "2020" fears/realities. Even PMDG had a sale which NEVER happened. 

Anniversary excuses = testing the waters.

Now we wait for the never before seen 1.7324 ( or whatever ) year anniversary.😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kingm56 said:

If you don’t have the Capt 757 VIII, I’d consider picking it up for $20

I will second that, it's an excellent first time airliner to learn.

14 hours ago, Alexandre6463 said:

On August 20th only Captain sim is having a sale.. everything at 20$

Also it's at 2020 zulu time

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/zulu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Of course all of us who have spent thousands of our currencies on our flight simulators

and their add ons will immediately delete them all and move to MSFS 2020 on "day one".

All the third party developers will close down on the same day, leaving their products unsupported.

 

 

Edited by Reader
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reader said:

For 20 dollars, the 757 is an absolute bargain, regardless of the "negative reviews".

I paid the full price and it was and is my airliner of choice.

I freely admit that I have no interest in the minutiae of operating a jet airliner.

It looks superb, it flies and I can fly it with my low skill level which is most important to me.

So are the 737, the 777 and the 1011 but if you don't like Captain Sim, the choice is easy,

don't buy any of them.

I do and this is an opportuntiy for me to have a few more in P3D v4.

I have the entire collection for FSX and the fact that Captain Sim are still there after 20 years

is pretty good evidence that I am not alone.

+1

I am happy with the 757 - got both the base pack and the RR expansion for the full price.

 

39 minutes ago, Reader said:

Of course all of us who have spent thousands of our currencies on our flight simulators

and their add ons will immediately delete them all and move to MSFS 2020 on "day one".

All the third party developers will close down on the same day, leaving their products unsupported.

 

 

There's time until then, guys enjoy the present who knows what will be tomorrow and when 2020 will be released😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which 757 Freighter package is the better one to buy?  There’s two of em and I can’t really tell which one is needed, or both needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reader said:

For 20 dollars, the 757 is an absolute bargain, regardless of the "negative reviews". I paid the full price and it was and is my airliner of choice.

Like I've said other times, at $20 it's a bargain considering that the 10yo Carenado baron is $32.95

I don't understand people complaining about this plane, I've had over 60 flights with it now and yes it takes getting used to but it's a really good learning aircraft, everytime I do a flight I learn more and more about it. Which brings me to pilots flying the CS 757 or the 777 for the first time and then complaining about it. Or video's where they compare it to the PMDG, but somehow never compare the price.

My short haul pax is the PMDG 737-600 but my medium-long haul cargo is the 757 for sure.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Doesn't show for me,  The disscount is at 75, not 20.. for the 757

Edited by tktheo93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "757 Freighter Expansion" is the package you should get with 11 models, all engine variations, and a virtual cabin. The "757 Freighter Essential" does only come with one model and engine variation (PW) and lacks the virtual cabin. The "757 Freighter Essential" was merely released as a response to voices who criticized the steep pricing of the " 757 Freighter Expansion".
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

53 minutes ago, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

Which 757 Freighter package is the better one to buy?  There’s two of em and I can’t really tell which one is needed, or both needed?

There's only one 757 freighter expansion the other is the normal Pax expansion. It has the same variants but for freighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

The "757 Freighter Expansion" is the package you should get with 11 models, all engine variations, and a virtual cabin. The "757 Freighter Essential" does only come with one model and engine variation (PW) and lacks the virtual cabin. The "757 Freighter Essential" was merely released as a response to voices who criticized the steep pricing of the " 757 Freighter Expansion".
 

sorry you are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The time is Zulu/UTC and the sale has not started yet. But less than 4 hours until it begins. 

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the P3D  v3 L-1011 & it looks like i need to get the the P3D v4.

I also fly XP11 & looked there to see if there is an L-1011 from anybody. 

X-plane.org have one, I think its the Wilson, but say its not for sale. 

Anyone know why they would leave the advt up but mark it Not for Sale??

T45

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.