Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Student arrested for pilots uniform

Guest beana51

Fair enough! But Boone,Kenton,Custer and others would differ. So would John Wayne. We have come a long way in that direction. "FORT APACHE" was a great movie.So was "DANCING WITH WOLVES". Neither one really represents the real facts Some where in the middle is the truth,what ever that is. VIN

Guest Philip Olson

Hey Gavin, If logic prevailed we should be British citizens again because the US government taxes us far more now than the Brits did back then. Maybe we can work out a deal where you guys take over again and agree to tax us at the rate you did back then. :-lol I am so happy we tossed the Brits though, their food is not the best in my opinion. :-) I guess since I am a 2nd class citizen I should bow and show proper respect to you real people of the British Empire. :-lol You really made me smile!Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Gavin,Great post. However, just be aware that we will only return those owed taxes in the form of welfare and medicaid when we annex the UK as the 51st state. However, before we do that, we'll have to outlaw hagis as a crime against humanity. And... we would have to outlaw any celebrations of Trafalgar as it might offend our colonial protectors, the French. :)

Guys, except for my witty and insightful posting in this thread above, you guys are giving me a headache. :) Please... Let's look at this from the perspective of law enforcement... Illegal alien, not a pilot, lots of pilot stuff, most likely a fit to a "profile" of some kind, the facts of 9/11, and viola, arrested without bail. Simple. Were I the judge, I too would not give him bail.

"If logic prevailed we should be British citizens again because the US government taxes us far more now than the Brits did back then."If logic prevailed, and people were just thinking about taxes, the revolution wouldn't have happened in the first place :-)The tax burden in the USA, even under the "Articles of Confederation" that preceded the current Constitution, has never been as low as it was under Colonial rule - and the reason the A of C failed was that the central Government had virtually no taxing powers.The colonists real beef with taxes prior to the revolution wasn't the total amount, it was the apparently arbitrary and unfair distribution of the tax burden, and the sometimes Draconian way the tax laws were enforced. This produced a Colonial populace very unhappy with the "Mother Country" at the same time as the citizens of England were equally unhappy with the Colonists who they saw as getting a 'free ride' because the total tax burden simply didn't cover the costs of running the colonial government. The steady stream of British soldiers geting killed on the frontier protecting what the British press portrayed as a bunch of ungratefull cheapskates also inflamed the public, and didn't make it any easier to reach any reasonable compromises.Richard

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Tom...I think a lot of us simmers fit into a "profile" of what an uninformed person might think is a terrorist in training, especially those of us that aren't Americans. Part of my problem is that a good portion of the folks who say this are American citizens and others who won't feel the effects of the racial profiling they propose. And reading these comments that basically say "Oh, your skin isn't as fair as mine, or you don't look like I do, so you should get held back even more because your looks make you a potential terrorist" tends to tick me off, as you might understand. What's being done is DISCRIMINATION, you can give it nice names, say better safe than sorry, but that's what it is. And it's despicable. Bringing up 9/11 to justify racism is just disgusting. 9/11 happened because America was NOT prepared, let's face it. And the way to be prepared is increasing the security all across the board, not discriminating on an entire ethnic group because of the work of a few extremists. Are some of you folks really naive enough to think that if you focus so hard on Arabs, the terrorists won't find a recruit belonging to a different race?Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

The keyword is "Muslim" (Or more technically correct Waahabiists). Everybody knows full well that the terrorists do not have to be Arab. In fact, one of the new hotbed recruiting areas for Al-Queda now is the US prison system, where there are plenty of Muslims that are ripe fodder. Most of those prison Muslims are black. Having said that though...what is the percentage of potential angry Muslim recruits who are white, hispanic, asian or native american? And since most Muslims in the news who have committed acts of terror so far have been of Arab descent, the profiling againsts Muslims tends to look like racial profiling, even though it is not. Again, the keyword is "Muslim" (Or more technically correct Waahabiists).

Guest Philip Olson

I am with you Tom, the guy is here illegally so with nothing else he is a criminal and should be sent packing or jailed. With all of the stuff that he had there is no way you can ignore it and you have to look at it as if he may be a threat. I too would not give him bail, far too risky in my opinion since he does fit in with what we know of other people that have killed Americans. To me the only thing that we should do is try to prove or disprove a link with terrorists, if there is we question him to get what intelligence we can, if there are any actionable charges we jail him but if we can not prove any link we just deport him. There are far too many illegals in this country and they should be identified and shipped off as soon as possible. I am glad that you agreee with me, at least in part about the British cuisine! :-) I really do think that we should pay the Brits back for those taxes and your plan should be the model! I am sure the Brits would not mind becoming 2nd class American citizens with all of the money they would get. :-) Tom Allensworth for President of the US, or at least the governor of the great state of Britain! :-)Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

>Bringing up 9/11 to justify racism is just disgusting. 9/11>happened because America was NOT prepared, let's face it. And>the way to be prepared is increasing the security all across>the board, And what would you suggest?All future plane travel, such as in the movie "Con Air"?Trains & busses having seat restraints such as amusement rides & armed marshalls?Let's put the blame where it lies; 9/11 happened because of a group of people & their distorted ideas. Let's not put all of America in chains for prevention purposes. In the meantime, I'll "profile". Too bad...L.Adamson

Daniel...in my opinion, this is not racial profiling, but just profiling...and there is a difference.We do this all the time with health issues, credit applications, etc. It is proven to work in those cases, and it is proven to work on this topic too.As to the foolish man that is the topic of this thread, whatever he gets he deserves. He ripped of Sporty's, he is here illegally, and his motives are surely in question. I would be angry at the authorities if they were not.My 2 cents,bt

>Gavin,>>Great post. However, just be aware that we will only return>those owed taxes in the form of welfare and medicaid when we>annex the UK as the 51st state. However, before we do that,>we'll have to outlaw hagis as a crime against humanity. And...>we would have to outlaw any celebrations of Trafalgar as it>might offend our colonial protectors, the French. :)Tom and PhillipI think we need to 'hold back' a little on the issue of when our stray sheep return to the fold. Any objection to hagis will have to take into consideration your cunning plan to secretly invade 'the motherland' with McFood. So we'll call that one a draw.However. Sport. The three most important sports in the world are: Football (soccer), cricket and rugby. You need to learn these. Actually last time England played the USA in football you beat us and are now higher than us in the world rankings. So I won't mention that point ;-)As for your colonial protectors the French. They didn't do a very good job did they? It was the devilish Brits who burnt down your first White House. However, you show your true roots by taking this act in the spirit of real sportsmanship (it was just done for a laugh - no malice) and remaining jolly good chaps! And you do build absolutly splendid aeroplanes. As a Brit living in Poland, we're all chuffed that LOT have chosen the B787 to replace their charming old B767s.We'll put the issue of back taxes owed to the crown on hold for now, ok? And now I really must do some work today.Best to all!http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>> I am glad that you agreee with me, at least in part about the>British cuisine! :-) I really do think that we should pay the>Brits back for those taxes and your plan should be the model!>I am sure the Brits would not mind becoming 2nd class American>citizens with all of the money they would get. :-) Tom>Allensworth for President of the US, or at least the governor>of the great state of Britain! :-)>>Take care,>Philip Olson>>http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgBritish cuisine - now there's a tricky issue. Without doubt, some of it is appalling. BUT recent years have seen a growth in interest in discovering the old heritage of our food. Mainly lost due to rationing during, and for about 10 years after, WW2. A new generation of chefs has turned things round dramatically and, without being rude, I'd say that you have to be uninformed, or poor, to eat badly in the UK now.As a little tip, next time either of you are in the UK, avoid any of the fast food places eg McDs, KFC, Burger Thing, etc ( ;-) )and look for interesing small restaurants where people look happy. If either of you are in London over Christmas, I'd be happy to help in your re-education.http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

One thing occurs to me re this guy - that he is suspicious is beyond question, but it seems strange to me that:1 he drew suspicion/attention to himself by racking up 2,500 worth of debt2 he is in the U.S. illegally3 he is therefore apparently not a little stupidUnfortunately none of these attributes seem typical of organized terrorists - they seem to be still well financed and the ones that would be found operating in a place like the US would probably (I'm guessing based on the 9/11 perpetrators) be quite a bit more accomplished and intelligent, living below the radar so to speak.So what is he - freelance? regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256p.s. - I'm actually scaring myself here

Regards,

Mark

Guest beana51

Again it sounds good but is this very tolerant attitude practical?.What do you suggest?The British ,like joked around here ,when observing an Irishman not in the mold of whatever they thought he should be,becomes suspicious.We all watch TV,well maby some of us,and movies also.Talk about racial profiling?.Every ethnic group is represented in the mold as its most represented in real life.Is that fair,are all Italian Americans , are like Tony Soprano?Are all Irishmen drunks?,are all Southerners racists?,are all Polish people dumb?,are all Germans #####?I would hope not. Never the less it is not these people who would destroy us.In my life I did see Japanese Americans detained in camps.I did see German Americans roughed up,I did see,Italians in America viewed suspiciously, any one who's last name end in a witz,or any other non Angelo sound, be subject to some concern.If a women got raped ,it must be an African American,if your Columbian your a drug dealer.If your Mexican American,your a wet back, Now we are faced with people who are somehow engaged in the destruction of us. If it walks like a duck,if it quacks like a duck,it must be a duck.These middle eastern people abroad, do not wish us well.They do have sympathizers here in the USA, Briton,Spain,Germany,France, Italy and most all countries,including our neighbors both south and north of the boarders.Does that mean all Muslims are terrorists? I hope not.All the ethnic groups I mentioned exceled in the defense of the USA.More so for they wanted to show they were Americans First.They gave their lives in our wars,Notably were the Japanese,German and Italian American boys in WW2.I don't know about Muslims,hate to infer they would not do the same as their predecessors,In all fairness for our suspicions, non of their leaders call for a cession of these acts.Where is the FATWA condemning these terrorists acts on the innocents?Why don't their religious leaders lead some protest of this?Why no world appeal,by muslims, to stop killing all the innoicents..This is the price we must pay for our security.Eternal suspension. Let others protect those who are questionable, The ACLU, Civil right groups some liberal groups,many Lawyers,Guys like Ramsey Clark,Jane Fonda,Most of Hollywood,and others with their heads in the sand, and their butts up in the air,ready to get kicked.If you live in a city,use mass transportation,buses, subways,airplane, travel abroad,you,and your loved ones are in danger. The Israelis are most diligent.Their security methods would never be applied here,and yet their citizens still die.This shining country on the hill is in danger, WAKE UP GUYS,THEIR AT THE GATES, LAY OFF THE COOLAID! VIN PS, I don't know what all this is got to do with Siming?I would hope some very important event in siming, would happen to devert us from this all to serous subject.Meanwhile thanx to all, and our host,who tolarates us

Guest Erick_Cantu

*sigh* when will you all just accept that this is right?You want freedom? Accept the risk and deal with it. You can candy coat being a racist all you want, but it doesn't make you any better. You're still a racist.Remember the 'all men created equal' bit? Unless you're brown right? You people are sick.Even if we leave race OUT of the question - as any impartial law enforcement entity should (and I'd like to beluive they did) - this fellow would still be under investigation (how is this kind of activity NOT suspicious be he Arab or German? Lots of people from Germany hate our government's guts, too). But race or creed should not be an issue - period.JUSTICE HAS ALWAYS BEEN AND SHOULD ALWAYS BE BLIND. Our forefathers set up and laid down THE LAW with that in mind.THE LAW says that when an illegal alien is in the country doing something suspicious, questions needs to be asked and arrests made.THE LAW does not use race or creed as a guideline.THE LAW isn't really much your concern, is it?Maybe I have too much faith in the system but I like to believe it works. The last thing the system needs is shaded glasses.