Sign in to follow this  
Riah069

Captainsim 777

Question. 

It would cost me near $200 AU for the pmdg version.

Is the CS version worth the $20

I have read that people say its bad on fps and other things. But is it really that bad for $20 bucks?

Regards

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Bought it, never used it.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I bought it, fly it regularly, and have no real issues with it. I have an older I7/3770 CPU and still get a smooth flight.

At $20, it's probably worth it. Nowhere near as good as the PMDG. I only have it because it became clear that PMDG wouldn't bother with the 200ER. If it's one or the other, I'd go for PMDG, hands down

Rashid Yacine

4 hours ago, Riah069 said:

Is the CS version worth the $20

It's a decent pick up for that price. Go for it.

Go, get it.

I´m using it since more then one year, and more then happy. There are some panel mods wich increasing the fps.

In my eyes there are two faults, which are not fixes bei CS.

777-200 Pax wrong calculating of the zfw because unreliable cargo container weight

777-200F if you load the 200F for example next day,  another livery, you have to reload the cargo again.

Peter

Ok guys thanks for the feedback.

I was going to grab the Carenardo ATR72 this week. But for what i get with the 777 for $20 its a no brainer. As to $60 AU for the ATR that has less sim features.

Thanks again 🙂

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

33 minutes ago, Pitter said:

There are some panel mods wich increasing the fps.

Would really like to know what these are - any chance of a link ?

I really like the CS 777 and for my type of flying, it strikes just the right balance between ease of use and complexity. No, it's not a PMDG, but it is certainly nice to fly.

On my system FPS are slightly down (~2-3) on the QW 787 and the AS 320.

Personally, I had some real issues overshooting VNAV constraints during takeoff and climb out until I managed to tame the beast with fully derated T/Os and climbs. Now they're far more relaxed and sedate !

The plane is awesome, much better then I had expected. I just bought it a few months ago (Full price) and fly it all the time. I since have gone back and purchased the freighter and -300 add-on's. Better get it quick!

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+