Sign in to follow this  
Jerrivelr

I can't update my gauge to the new version

Hi everyone,

I have a few days I'm trying to update my RXP 530W from 2.4.6.0 to 2.4.14.0; when I do the whole process with the update file when I open FSX:SE the gauge still says that I have to update to 2.4.14.0 saying that I have version 2.4.6.0. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled RXP 530W with all windows programs and antivirus closed, but still says the same. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I don't why your post went unanswered, but did you manage to install since?

The 'update available' notification offers to download a .zip file which contains the e-commerce installers. It is a convenience but you can also always download the latest installers directly from our web site. When you do run the downloaded installers, you'd select the 'REINSTALL' option and depending, you'd use your f1 account or key/password as prompted. This unwraps our software installer and runs it automatically and only then you are installing the RXP software. 

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

13 hours ago, Jerrivel6060 said:

show that I have 2.4.6.0

Where does it show?

Do you actually run the e-commerce installer and select "REINSTALL" button?

If so, what does the e-commerce installer show and do next?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I first download the e-commerce zip from the RXP installer, I open the e-commerce installer and click REINSTALL, I put my f1 account and then the installation begins. After that, I click finish and go to FSX to check if my RXP has the new version. While FSX is loading (the first window, not a free flight) a window pop up saying if I want to run RXP gauge (only occurs when I put a new or update an addon to FSX) I click YES, then run a free flight with the A2A Cessna 172 to check the latest update, but still say that I'm in the same version that was before doing the update. 

No make sense to me

Edited by RXP

1 hour ago, Jerrivel6060 said:

a window pop up saying if I want to run RXP gauge

Is this the rxpGNS2.dll gauge file, or the rxpGNS_menu.dll file, or both?

Now in the sim, use the Panel Assistant to add a GNS to an aircraft, then let it reload and exit the sim.

Once done, open "My Documents" and open each rxpGnsXXX.dll.log file with notepad. The first line in each file reports the version number. What are those?