Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

Anyone have a chance to see how it compares to DD ORD on performance or when using fsdt ORD with DD Chicago?  I know it’s early but thought I’d ask

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

28 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It was initially not my intention to start a price discussion especially since I belong to the people wo DO benefit from the upgrade offer.

However the non discounted price is beyond all reason for a payware airport. With the update discount I am at the maximum of what I am willing to pay for an airport. If this option would not have been available to me, I would have given this one a permanent pass.

You clearly haven't seen some Japanese-made scenery prices then.

$34 (before any sales taxes) puts this at a very similar level to FlyTampa's recent releases and just a few dollars more than Flightbeam's. So this falls close to the going rate of top-notch scenery.

Whether the non-discounted figure passes your own value test in future is only something that you can decide.
I have bought some other developers' sceneries at a lower cost and have felt ripped off.

11 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Anyone have a chance to see how it compares to DD ORD on performance or when using fsdt ORD with DD Chicago?  I know it’s early but thought I’d ask

I'm starting to test now. Will let you know later (if no-one else responds in the meantime).

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

If anyone could confirm whether there are any airport surrounding buildings, let's say the Rosemont area, I'd appreciate it. If there's not, I'd potentially would want to leave some of the files from DD to leaving Rosemont in tact. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I wouldn't leave the DD version, V2 is not really that good. At around $27.00 (US) for the discounted version and the flashing textures (various AA settings used) I would skip.

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

No need to stress that out. The installation program does run the updater on it's own. As it always has.

This is where people need to follow the developers instructions to avoid un-intended results.  If you are  interested in the discount for previous version, you need to purchase the new version via the add-on manager.  If you don't run the live update, the purchase option for the new version will not appear in the add-on manager.  Measure twice, cut once.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

30 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

the flashing textures (various AA settings used)

This has to do with a bug in P3D itself that affects all textures that use PBR. It was first noticed on the PMDG aircraft.

AA does not work on PBR as it should at this time. But this if for Lockheed Martin to fix.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

works fine for me with a quick test.  Nothing too extensive.  Overall I'm happy with it.  Some of the ground (Taxiway etc) textures for whatever reason don't seem to be ask crisp as I'd hope.  All in all I'm happy to have an ORD with proper airway configuration in my catalog.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

49 minutes ago, Farlis said:

This has to do with a bug in P3D itself that affects all textures that use PBR. It was first noticed on the PMDG aircraft.

AA does not work on PBR as it should at this time. But this if for Lockheed Martin to fix.

Thanks, that explains some problems with "some sceneries" I'm having!

I wish someone would show some examples (screens/video) between the DD and FSDTversions.

1 hour ago, SP2472 said:

I wouldn't leave the DD version, V2 is not really that good. At around $27.00 (US) for the discounted version and the flashing textures (various AA settings used) I would skip.

I figured you have to be completely logged in as administrator to buy this product, normally I use a secondary account and run Prepar3d in a window.

I have found that flashing PBR textures can be reduced by enabling Dynamic Reflections to at least low.

Alan

Loaded purchased no impact on performance with AI running gates loaded. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

20% discount for those who have the original version? If I wait a while and get it when it's on sale I'll get a better deal. Amazing!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just installed... first thing I'm going to do is go order a Big Mac and see if I can chat-up Brenda...

• Upvote 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

20% discount for those who have the original version? If I wait a while and get it when it's on sale I'll get a better deal. Amazing!

I know there are some instances where developers charge a bit much for updated/ported versions of their products. But more often than not the size of the discount, upgrade price or the like really is reasonable. There are products that required substantial investment to upgrade/port over which a lot of times are close to actually being a new product which totally warrants the fee that flight simmers are so often complaining about.

Literally the only thing this scenery has in common with the old version is that it's the same airport which is modeled. This is a completely new scenery which took just as long, well, from what it seems like actually longer than the old one to develop. 20% in this case is absolutely acceptable.

• Upvote 5

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD