Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

As a Chicago native, this is the airport I have been missing most in my sim. So of course, as soon as I saw it released I bought it. I knew the airport decently well from flying in/out of it. But this summer I worked at KORD for a month and drove all over it. Mainly I was at North/South Cargo and T5, but I would sometimes take the "scenic" route when going to/from the various places I needed to be. So i got to know the airport extremely well. I was extremely eager to pan the camera around this scenery to see how it stacks up.

All in all I think it is nice. The terminals are done very well, the PBR is awesome and I love the status boards at the gates. The Hilton looks nice, control towers look good, and the hangars as well. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the South and North Cargo areas look.

Some cons for me are the ground textures. The grass looks a bit blurry, it kind of blends into the taxiway pavement. The hard stand area to the east of T5 is a bit off as well. I'm not sure if this is a FSDT or DD problem as I'm not sure where one ends and the other begins, but the highway that runs along the East boarder of the airport could use some work, again, this might be a DD problem.

I understand that because of my intimate knowledge of the airport I am a lot harsher on it than other addon airports. And a lot of my issues deal with non aircraft operations areas. Such as access roads, checkpoints, and other behind the scenes stuff. Stuff that is not of importance to most simmers since they hardly see this stuff anyway.

Again, very nice work from FSDT and it's great having KORD back in my lineup!

• Like 1

Definitely picking this up for my next flight, and thanks Umberto for the discount for previous owners...very generous given how long ago I bought v1!

• Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I like it but I have one small issue. I had the DD scenery before. I deleted the file but I still have the jetways from the DD scenery. Anyone have an idea where else to look in?

thx

will 

Purchased, fantastic performance nicley done. 

I only have a lot of shimmering on the buildings at night. 

Even with ssaa 4x and 4k textures. 

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Spending a few minutes in it thus far, it's nice to see the "new" runways finally and it looks great.  Wish, in the future, a disable dynamic lighting option would be considered.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

29 minutes ago, luttes72 said:

I like it but I have one small issue. I had the DD scenery before. I deleted the file but I still have the jetways from the DD scenery. Anyone have an idea where else to look in?

thx

will 

If you have removed (uninstalled) the DD scenery, have a look in your C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\sdx\DrzewieckiDesign folder for a file similar to "KORD_X.sdx" and either delete it or rename the extension to ".off".

That should help.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Can anyone owning both DD & FSDT versions compare the performance of both sceneries?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

9 hours ago, virtuali said:

This is the OLD FSDT KORD, a scenery originally made in 2008, which is about 4-5 times LESS detailed:

2019-8-22_11-53-15-619.jpg

This is the NEW FSDT KORD V2:

2019-8-22_12-3-1-998.jpg

It might be less detailed if you talk about useless features like all this stuff you put inside the terminals, but come on, those taxiway end lines are just a fuzzy, washed out mess as you can see on your screenshots (compare the taxiway on the lower picture close to the water with the v1 taxiway...).

Honestly, you should never judge a scenery based on screenshots or product videos, but this one is an example for me how the focus on what is important for a good simulator scenery can simply be put wrong. I do not want developers to spend hours and dollars for recreating the internal parts of a terminal when the main parts of the airport then gets partially neglected. I prefer first a very good looking airport scenery from viewpoints that are actually relevant, means from above (like your screenshots) or from the ground in the VC. Only if those things are done perfect, I consider the terminals inside relevant. And obviously this was not done here...

Verdict: IF you look above screenshots comparing a scenery from 2008 (more than 10 years old!) with a current one from 2019, then this low quality ground layout is simply not acceptable, no matter how many details inside the terminals are done...

• Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, Shomron said:

Can anyone owning both DD & FSDT versions compare the performance of both sceneries?

Literally, one page earlier.

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Verdict: IF you look above screenshots comparing a scenery from 2008 (more than 10 years old!) with a current one from 2019, then this low quality ground layout is simply not acceptable, no matter how many details inside the terminals are done...

Chris, try the demo.
I haven't (yet) noticed any low quality textures while taxiing around in the scenery.

It feels like the better choice of the two recent products and a whole lot more modern than v1.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Sure, I will try, but those terrible ground poly's are visible on all screenshots so far...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

All they need to do is put out a patch fixing the ground textures and we have a winner here. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I’m finding performance very good in 4.5 with heaps of AI traffic. No texture flashing and the night lighting is perfect although I’m not a big fan of dynamic lighting because of the way it lights up the whole flight deck. (Like to be able to turn DL off)

I’ve noticed there’s some road traffic that doesn’t go under the taxiway but rather climbs vertically up then drives over the taxiway then down.

I have not had time to read the manual yet but so far I can’t get the air bridges to work as I don’t get any options in GSX other than there’s “more options available in Avatar mode.

Over all its a massive improvement and blends nicely to FTX USA.

IM

Edited by Iceman2

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

That's why it's great that FSDT has a FULL trial mode.

If you don't like it, don't buy it then.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

It might be less detailed if you talk about useless features like all this stuff you put inside the terminals,

I don't know what you are talking about. The terminals are *way* more detailed on the outside as well, is external modeling "useless" too ? Don't you even realize that, THANKS to proper LOD optimization, you won't see this kind of detail from *that* distance, and this is a *good* thing, because detail come up when you need it, and it's not slowing down your approach. We know what matters, thank you.

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

but come on, those taxiway end lines are just a fuzzy, washed out mess as you can see on your screenshots (compare the taxiway on the lower picture close to the water with the v1 taxiway...).

I'm not sure what you are referring to with taxi end lines. if you mean the transition between concrete and grass, it was unrealistically too sharp in the old version, and that was a limitation of it, now the transition is smoother and, of course, the taxiways themselves are NOT "washed", they are rightly so smoothed when seen from A DISTANCE, but they are *very* sharp from close, in the view that you should use the most, the VC...

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

I prefer first a very good looking airport scenery from viewpoints that are actually relevant, means from above (like your screenshots) or from the ground in the VC. Only if those things are done perfect, I consider the terminals inside relevant. And obviously this was not done here...

It's obviously what HAS been done here. You are doing precisely the mistake you said it shouldn't done: judging the "look" of scenery from a viewpoint which was made JUST to prove the scenery PERFORMANCES.

The terminals obviously look way better from up close, way more detailed, and way more realistic under different light conditions. Please look the scenery live, on your system, and try different time of the day, different weather, and see how the scenery changes.

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

There's no such thing as s "low quality" ground to be seen here. And of course, you missed the whole point of the comparison screenshots, which were to point out the scenery is NOT slower than a 10+ years old scenery which was made taking into account the PC performances of *that* time.

16 minutes ago, micstatic said:

All they need to do is put out a patch fixing the ground textures and we have a winner here. 

You are making this sentence as if it was somewhat "obvious" there's a problem.

If you are referring to the missing red runway enter ground markers in the hold short zones, those have been of course ALREADY FIXED, and will be downloaded automatically (thanks to Live Update), to anybody that installs the scenery now.

If you mean something else, then please provide a precise description on what do you think it's wrong, and we'll look at it.