Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

21 minutes ago, AnkH said:

No, again no. I would rather compromise the whole internal modeling thing to have better grass, yes.

You still continue to ignore the fact, which I pointed out several times, even in this thread, the internal of the terminal C is NOT LOADED, unless you *exit* from the plane in Avatar mode, then WALK inside of it.

You keep saying this, because my explanation, which obviously make sense, since nobody ( I hope ) would want a building looking worse from the EXTERNAL, which is where you spent 90% of your time doing flight preparations, just to have a bit better grass around the taxiways, is clearly disproving the theory you are trying to pass, that we compromised the grass "because of the interiors".

That's simply not true, we might have spent OUR time doing the interior, which is why I also said doing the grass background at the resolution we choose to use, hasn't really "saved" us any time, and it wouldn't look any better if we spent more time on it, the time you said we spent on the useless interiors.

As I've said, we could probably release an higher resolution background as an option. 

• Upvote 1

that would be great.  Options.  An option to get a higher quality ground texture

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Somebody give this a try for me, please...I am parked at South Parking 4 on the FedEx ramp...when getting close to the parking spot, the textures on the doors of the building in front of me start "swimming" with a heavy moire and then as I get closer there is a massive amount of black/white flashing--not the flickering I see on some of the other buildings, but heavy flashing black-to-white-to-black etc.  AA and AF settings don't seem to make any difference.

Anyone else seeing this?

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Viruali / Umberto

You're a patient man. I don't know why you continue to engage with people who complain about your products, particularly when it's not done in a constructive form. In the old days if people didn't like a product, they just wouldn't buy it. In the environment that permeates this place people aren't satisfied to keep their money in their wallet, they want to tell you, as the person who produced the product all the things that they think are wrong with it. Odd behavior. 

In any event I think the scenery looks fantastic. I know it's been a long time and the making and you've done a fantastic job on it. Thanks also for the discount. 

I think its wonderful you come here to support your product, I just wish people could be more appreciative and less negative. 

• Upvote 5

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Good to have this back, got rid of previous version long timr ago. Hated those green windows. This runs great on my 7700k and 1070gtx.

:P Timothy Murphy

here is an example of what i mean with the jagged lines in the taxiway

https://imgur.com/HcOkBtw

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

12 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

I don't know why you continue to engage with people who complain about your products, particularly when it's not done in a constructive form. In the old days if people didn't like a product, they just wouldn't buy it.

The only thing that is more boring/annoying than people complaining in a "non-constructive" way is the ridiculous praises of people about all and every product no matter how rubbish it is... Example Justsim and VirtualCol. Honestly, I prefer some maybe overcritical and slightly non-constructive complaints over this naive and childish praising by a huge margin...

@virtuali I indeed did not get the point about the internals being loaded only when using the avatar mode. This explains a lot and I finally got it. Still do not like the low res ground textures, but that is my issue (as KL Oo wrote). Case closed for me.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

15 minutes ago, micstatic said:

here is an example of what i mean with the jagged lines in the taxiway

https://imgur.com/HcOkBtw

I really don't seen anything wrong in that screenshot, and surely not any jagged "lines" IN the taxiway. The only thing that might be better, is the grass borders that looks a bit pixelated so, no "lines" and surely not IN the taxiways, but on the edges of it. Is that what you meant ?

If yes, I think I already explained the deliberate decision to keep the grass background at the minimal resolution allowed, to save VRAM memory for the main airport structures.

yes I meant the grass border.  I've always considered this to be an important part of aftermarket sceneries.  Something I've liked in many add on scenery packages including yours. 

3 hours ago, virtuali said:

The problem of ghost objects in P3D 4.5 ( which I'm sure will be fixed shortly by LM, which is fully aware of it), doesn't affect our scenery, because the few objects we *did* had ghost objects raised in the air, have been made as Simobjects, which prevents the issue since the problem happens only if the object is in .BGL format. As soon as fix will be released, we'll convert them back to .BGL, to enjoy faster loading, but for the time being, they don't show.

A couple of users reported ghost objects in our forum, but they didn't belong to our scenery, and in one case they were fixed by reinstalling some OrbX libraries.

I turned off a Vector BGL to remove some floating terminals/docks. I like what I see so far, and FSST will fix any major issues- they habitually do.

Well worth the price of admission IMHO.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

that would be great.  Options.  An option to get a higher quality ground texture

I’m a fan of options myself, customization is a good thing and really helps tailor to a “good” experience on my specific system.  Dynamic lighting, volumetric grass, terminal interiors, high res/low res, certain static objects on/off, etc.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Virtuali, I think you’ve done a great job on KORD. Maybe it’s not 100% perfect, but I think there’s a lot of nitpicking when the vast majority of stuff is awesome.  I love that we have a 100% PBR airport finally, and I can’t wait to explore it more extensively.

4 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Can anyone say whether runway/taxiway textures cause the fuzzy moire effect at night with taxi/landing lights on?  This has been one of the biggest drawbacks for me lately with FSDT airports.  I don't see any reason this should happen as many other airport developers are using textures that look fantastic at night.

I was hoping this would not have it. This is only with FSDT scenery and looks very unsightly and immersion killing.

Eric 

This grass needs to be fixed, otherwise I have no complaints. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Some of us experience floating objects ... and it seems nothing can be done against

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).