Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

Did anyone have any issues with installation? I'm getting error codes saying source files are corrupted.

23 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I was hoping this would not have it. This is only with FSDT scenery and looks very unsightly and immersion killing.

I hate that myself with FSDT runways. KSDF and KDFW are awful when it comes to the reflection. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, TalonMX said:

I hate that myself with FSDT runways. KSDF and KDFW are awful when it comes to the reflection. 

so is LAX, but these are old development airports... 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

I turned off a Vector BGL to remove some floating terminals/docks.

You didn't have to. Floating stuff = PBR ghosting issue that is not possible to fix until LM release a fix.

8 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Do you have PTA/Tomatoshade installed? 

Orman

Just completed my first departure from O’Hare in the FSLabs A320.  Looks great, performance was very good for an airport of this size - better than many of the larger airports that i own.  All in all I’m quite happy to have this back in the sim.

The only thing I noticed was that it said the trial was starting even though I had already purchased.  Not sure why but the airport stayed loaded though so no issues.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

12 hours ago, Shomron said:

Can anyone owning both DD & FSDT versions compare the performance of both sceneries?

Overall I get better performance with DD's version. I can maintain around 24-35 fps view dependent. Seems like there is less texture loading. I do like the detail in FSDT, but its stuff I barely notice when I'm flying in and out. I've seen as low as 14 up to 24 fps...about the same I see at FSDT's KLAX. I appreciate the hard work done by the FSDT team, but it doesn't run as well as I'd like on my system.

Specs:
i7 8086k @ 5.2 Ghz
GeForce 1080Ti 11Gb
32Gb PC3200 DDR4
2Tb m.2 SSD

Edited by KnightFlyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KL Oo said:

You're a patient man. I don't know why you continue to engage with people who complain about your products, particularly when it's not done in a constructive form. In the old days if people didn't like a product, they just wouldn't buy it. In the environment that permeates this place people aren't satisfied to keep their money in their wallet, they want to tell you, as the person who produced the product all the things that they think are wrong with it. Odd behavior. 

Yes.  How odd behavior it is for us to want to make the product better.  While I don't disagree that maybe it could be done in a more nice fashion sometimes, the developer has to be able to accept criticism.  But, this is something that is becoming less and less allowed in society.  Heaven forbid we hurt someone's feelings!!

How odd behavior it is for us to question the focus of the developer.  I haven't bought this product yet, but I do agree that the focus on the internal terminal is a completely wrong area to focus resources on.  How many of us actually go into the terminal of an airport?  But we can't critique that because someone may take that as a direct attack on the actual person rather than just really trying to improve the product in the ways that matter to the customer, not the developer.

It's the same with GSX.  We waited a long time for the latest update because the developer wanted pretty PBR textures.  Really?  Is that where the focus should go?  We have baggage trucks that drive through the aircraft.  Ground personnel that walk through the engines.  Pushbacks that go in crazy directions.  This logic should be fixed first, in my opinion.  The only people that care about pretty PBR textures on this are video makers, I think.

Anyway, I'm sure I will catch some ____ for making this statement.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

12 minutes ago, klamal said:

How odd behavior it is for us to question the focus of the developer.  I haven't bought this product yet, but I do agree that the focus on the internal terminal is a completely wrong area to focus resources on.

And another one who neither reads the posts Umberto makes nor the manual...

If you had you would not beating this dead horse. It's a non-issue. 

The internals are not loaded outside of avatar mode. And even then only when you cross a certain threshold in the scenery. 

How often does that need to be repeated?

I really admire Umberto's patience with people who keep on complaining about things, that only exist in their false perception.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

You didn't have to. Floating stuff = PBR ghosting issue that is not possible to fix until LM release a fix.

But how can they then deliver a product with pure PBR and no option to disable it when this is known. For me this a NO GO and I already regret my purchase.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

13 minutes ago, Nemo said:

But how can they then deliver a product with pure PBR and no option to disable it when this is known. For me this a NO GO and I already deeply regret my purchase.

I agree. 

I asked Umberto about PBR ghosting on FSDT forum 2 weeks before release 3 and I was assured that there will be no issues.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21582.msg146680.html#msg146680

On the other hand, I'm still on 4.4 and I don't have scenery (yet), so I can comfortably wait before 4.5XXX or whatever will be released and then buy it. For now, zero PBR sceneries purchases. 

Edited by G-YMML1

8 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

I agree. 

I asked Umberto about PBR ghosting on FSDT forum 2 weeks before release 3 and I was assured that there will be no issues.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21582.msg146680.html#msg146680

On the other hand, I'm still on 4.4 and I don't have scenery (yet), so I can comfortably wait before 4.5XXX or whatever will be released and then buy it. For now, zero PBR sceneries purchases. 

Anything known that LM will provide a hotfix?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Anything known that LM will provide a hotfix?

Apparently they confirmed the issue, but I haven't' heard anything regarding timing of HF release

49 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

For now, zero PBR sceneries purchases. 

Hi, not to get into this subject which is responsibility of another product/develoiper that has nothing to do with ours, I just wanted to clear out something here.

We at LVFR have released 3 sceneries with PBR. Santiago SCEL, New Orleans KMSY and Miami KMIAv5

The first one we updated to PBR in December a few weeks after the PBR technology was released. It did happen to have some of those floating issues which you hear about. It happened that some customers did have and others didn't. I happen to have the issue. Even with the new P3dv4.5 we still had the issue and the problem was due to mapping/material issues because when we released KMSY (fully PBR native since its creation) it did not have the problem. So we went back and almost had to re-compile the (SCEL) scenery. That fixed it and we are happy to report no one else encountered the issue. I initially blamed it on LM, and it turned out that it wasn't their fault because despite me saying that 4.5 fixed, it still occured.

As for the 3 of them, with NONE of them floating issues occur, for KMSY and KMIA did not ever. Just for our first PBR one.

I won't go as far as to blame all PBR airports having this problem. KLAS from Flytampa and other airports (tivat, liverpool) have PBR and I think they don't report these issues.

I would recommend the developer who has this sort of issue to not consider LM or P3d as being the culprit of this problem.

Edited by DanMorera
  • Like 1

It's interesting that some PBR airports have a shimmering issue. I'm not sure is FT's KBOS or KLAS are completely PBR, but I have zero shimmering with those airports.

I also noticed some flashing in the vicinity of KORD why just flying around. I even disabled ORBX KCGX just to test. I've never seen any flashing anywhere while on P3d v4.

BTW, I get better fps at FT's KBOS than at KORD.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.