Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

My issue with the scenery (I just have the demo) is the taxiways and runways have the same "moire" grainy effect that MEM, IAH,etc have at night.  I didn't think this would affect the new ORD , but it is still present.  I think during the day, the airport looks nice and appreciate the quick updates to fix issues so far.  But with the way the taxiways/runways look at night with both default and payware aircraft taxi and landing lights on my rig currently (default shaders/HDR, 4096x4096 16X Antisotropic, fried all AA settings), it’s  a no go for me currently.  Textures are moving too much and it's too disorienting for me. 

Thanks  

Edited by okupton

Orman

Whatever was changed between initial release and the Live Update I did this morning seems to have fixed the flashing doors I was seeing while moving on the SE cargo ramp, and mitigated the flickering building textures considerably as well.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

arrived from EGLL at KORD this moment very nie airport.  The only thing i have is this hovering buildings over the terminal.  But as far as i understood there will be another live update which fixes this.

Very nice airport, thinking about purchasing DD Chicago City X as adition to this nice airport. is Chicago City X worth the money?

brgds

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

30 minutes ago, 331BK said:

arrived from EGLL at KORD this moment very nie airport.  The only thing i have is this hovering buildings over the terminal.  But as far as i understood there will be another live update which fixes this.

Very nice airport, thinking about purchasing DD Chicago City X as adition to this nice airport. is Chicago City X worth the money?

brgds

Don't have Chicago City X, but it is on sale currently at simmarket FYI. 

Orman

46 minutes ago, 331BK said:

brgds

Chicago City X by DD is very nice. In my opinion it is a solid purchase, especially if it is on sale.

1 hour ago, 331BK said:

It's already online since this morning.

Yes, highly recommended, I bought it a few weeks ago to test how it would work with our KORD, and I must say it integrates almost perfectly.

Edited by virtuali

I can't believe the timing, Drzewiecki Design Chicago Airports X went on sale today only a $3.00 difference from FSDT "previous owners" discount price. If my eyes are working correctly, it appears that DD textures are brighter especially around terminal 3 of American Airlines

Maybe B. Kent Wallace will do a comparison of both versions? 

4 hours ago, virtuali said:

PMDG says the same thing, and they are entirely right. No more PMDG purchases from you as well ?

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/5957-11mar19-shader-mods-if-you-are-having-trouble-with-artifacts-after-our-747-pbr-update-you-need-to-read-this

Let's see what Aerosoft has to say about them:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127957-as-professional-airports-crazy-night-textures/&do=findComment&comment=847713

"Also let us know if you use any shader tweak. Many PTA profiles for example screw up the night lighting totally, like those blue skies you have in your second picture."

I can't believe you don't see a marked difference, so that can only possibly be caused by your shader tweaks, which might have increased the effect of incident light in a unrealistic way, to make lesser sceneries with no PBR looking less flat.

Kyle Rodgers from PMDG explained the same concept very effectively:

"To be honest, we're getting to the point where shader hacks really aren't necessary. That's quite a lot of the point of PBR."

That's absolutely correct. PBR, by definition, means physically correct rendering, and shouldn't require much tweaking.

What about the lighting issue in the first part of my response?

Eric 

4 hours ago, virtuali said:

That's absolutely correct. PBR, by definition, means physically correct rendering, and shouldn't require much tweaking.

As long as atmospheric conditions are not rendered better, shader tweaks remain necessary.

I use them because rayleigh scattering is practically non-existant with default shaders.

32 minutes ago, Farlis said:

As long as atmospheric conditions are not rendered better, shader tweaks remain necessary.

I use them because rayleigh scattering is practically non-existant with default shaders.

Then wouldn't be possible to use a shader tweak that improves the atmospheric rendering, without messing up with night ?

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

What about the lighting issue in the first part of my response?

What about it ? I think it's very clear what's happening here: you said my screenshot is "perfect", and this is what everybody with default HDR settings and no shader tweaks will see. I cannot possibly imagine how could be possible to create a scenery that auto-magically adapt itself to every possible tweak.

Most of these shader tweaks were originally made to supply the LACK of PBR in P3D, that's why you think they are not causing to other sceneries out there, simply because they are supposed to work with non-PBR sceneries, and there aren't as many that are 100% PBR from the ground up, like KORD.

You'll see: with more and more full PBR sceneries coming out, you'll see many more recommendations from their developers against shader tweaks.

You must understand PBR is a completely different animal than the legacy rendering, even a small change can have very large result in how an object will look like, and I've seen some screenshot posted by some users with tweak, that on addition to be very dark, blue and unrealistic, indicates the changes made by the shader tweak were huge.

To give you an idea, we while we make a scenery, we spend hours trying to find the right balance between base color and roughness values, and finding that, for example, changing a value even of 2-3 points of an RGB (out of 255), already makes a BIG difference, and there are shader mods out there that change values by way bigger amounts. Doing this in PBR, breaks everything.

You should have seen the discussion on LM forum, when they decided to change the default HDR saturation from 0.80 to 1.00. That alone had a huge impact on many sceneries out there and the general consensus of everybody involved in the discussion was "put everything to 1.00 and never touch it again", because without a clear frame of reference, it's impossible to do a scenery that would look reasonably correct everywhere.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Then wouldn't be possible to use a shader tweak that improves the atmospheric rendering, without messing up with night ?

Of course it is possible. Personally I never had a problem with the default night rendering in P3D. 
Granted it certainly is not X-Plane, but even the most agressive shader tweak can't achieve that look in P3D.

But I also don't run arround blaming add-on developers for changes I make to the default sim environment. I know that you guys have to use a common reference and if I as a user alter variables from that reference that is on me and not you.

Edited by Farlis

I noticed that the LOC and G/S wouldn't tune on approach to 10R.  Could that be an error?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

also, I bought it and activated it but on arrival it said my trial was over and there were no buildings.  How can I ensure I am activated?

I also noticed one more thing.  The gates are lined up incorrectly to the jet door.  I parked my FSlabs 319 at one of the gates and the gate was going into the wing.  Some of the AI had the gate going through the plane.  Sorry if this was already mentioned, but if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.  

Edited by Zimmerbz

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

How can I ensure I am activated?

Use the AddonManager within the simulator, pick OHare V2 and see if the text in the info box to the left of the window reads: Installed and Active.