Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

Great video! And just to make it clear: The scenery itself is beautiful and easily one of the most astonishing ones released so far for the sim. What I showed on my screenshots are just the parts that could need some work but those areas represent not the scenery as a whole. Everybody should try out the demo as the PBR elements cannot be captured in pictures and I sincerely hope not to have discouraged anybody from considering it. My post does only represent my personal opinion about some design choices and in the end, sale numbers will give Umberto a far better impression about its success than my or anybody else 's hesitation 

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

What I showed on my screenshots are just the parts that could need some work but those areas represent not the scenery as a whole. 

When you posted your screenshot, we already had a Live Update, which toned toned down the smaller roads and the grass saturation too. Note that, there a 5 seasons (4+heavy winter) and they looks very different.

This is how that part you posted in your screenshot looks like now:

2019-8-26_13-31-8-442.jpg

This is not by any means "final", it's just an evolutionary step and, as I've said, the scenery will be updated so many times in the future, to keep up with real construction so this is just the today's version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Umberto-

While I agree that a clear concrete edge would be much more realistic (as opposed to this blurred transition) I am thrilled with your release, which is not just evolutionary, but revolutionary in so many aspects. I am confident that the small issues that have been pointed out will be resolved in short order.  None of these detract from the total experience of finally flying into O'Hare 2019. Thank-you for your continued dialogue with your customers and your willingness to improve what is already a brilliant product.

I had asked earlier, but is there any consideration to adding FD #2 by NE Cargo? It's the small details, that I see out of the VC windows that really creates the feeling of "being there".  That, a great AFCAD and CORRECT NAVAIDS/LOCATIONS are all 100% important.  Everything else is less so IMHO.

BZ to FSDT collectively- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

53 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

While I agree that a clear concrete edge would be much more realistic (aThat, a great AFCAD and CORRECT NAVAIDS/LOCATIONS are all 100% important.  Everything else is less so IMHO.

In today's update, we posted two fixes to the AFCAD, the missing CGO DME and the missing apron link for north cargo N10, and another couple of fixes on the ground polygons. The AFCAD now reports to be 100% fault free with ADE.

• Upvote 2

Grazie- Tante bella cosa!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

21 minutes ago, virtuali said:

In today's update, we posted two fixes to the AFCAD, the missing CGO DME and the missing apron link for north cargo N10, and another couple of fixes on the ground polygons. The AFCAD now reports to be 100% fault free with ADE.

We just run LiveUpdate correct?

What about the black triangles flashing from the centre of the screen. Is that just me or is anyone else seeing those too?

1 minute ago, Avidean said:

What about the black triangles flashing from the centre of the screen. Is that just me or is anyone else seeing those too?

Kent Wallace on Youtube mentioned seeing those as well so you are not alone. Don't remember the reason behind them tho?

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

Just downloaded... thanks!  Chicago is my kind of town... it gets better and better (at least the way FSDT does it).

YGnI99J.jpg

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Looking forward  to fly Into KORD this weekend. 

What is the verdict if you also have ORBX and DD installed? One at a time or co-op?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Having all 3 off them (and also installed all of them)  i`m satisfied looks fantastic.  

The only thing is the shimmering at the airport at night even with 4xssaa but that`s maybee because i use rex environoment force. 

As far as i understood virtuali every tool that modifies the shaders can trigger this behavior.  And the big train station looks a little bit like a big "mudhole" instead of a trainstation. (i flew over it at night). 

First i thougt it`s a cronstruction site till i noticed the small little trains 🙂

brgds 

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

28 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Having all 3 off them (and also installed all of them)  i`m satisfied looks fantastic.  

The only thing is the shimmering at the airport at night even with 4xssaa but that`s maybee because i use rex environoment force. 

As far as i understood virtuali every tool that modifies the shaders can trigger this behavior.  And the big train station looks a little bit like a big "mudhole" instead of a trainstation. (i flew over it at night). 

First i thougt it`s a cronstruction site till i noticed the small little trains 🙂

brgds 

Definitely seeing a lot of shimmering

• Upvote 1

Orman

On 8/25/2019 at 5:37 AM, w6kd said:

If you're flying one of the approaches that requires the GCO DME (e.g. ILS 04R, ILS 22L), it's missing from the scenery.

I could not activate the ILS 28C approach (PMDG 747). It also looks like a DME is missing. ILS 28R approach works just fine.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

In a response today from FSDT (Virtuali),about the GCO DME, he said "Fixed in today"s update."

Edited by ClaudeF

Regards,

Claude Franklin