Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

1 hour ago, threegreen said:

I generally agree with you, but the AA tweak through NVI really isn't anything you'd need expertise for.

@Zimmerbz Select the settings I suggested and see if you like it and if not, revert back (set the two options as they were before and apply changes). It won't break anything.

And I also agree with you, expertise isn't needed but if you've never used it before it can be a little confusing so gathering some good basic guidelines is a good thing and can save you a ton of headaches.  I use it, and I agree that its a great tool, but some addons are incompatible with SGSS, TFDi 717 and iFly 747 just to name two, so I have a few different profiles (nips) that I load depending on the situation.  This is something that I learned over time and a little research.  

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

All this could've been avoided if you took probably less than a quarter time it took to write this post to mention bullet point 2 above in the locked thread on your forum. In absence of any information, vines of speculation are grown.

Only because for you it wasn't entirely obvious ( unlike other users that posted here ), that a locked thread simply meant there was no need for further information from users, because the thing was being checked on.

I didn't even knew that thread was locked, I only discovered it this morning, after the fix was already up. You really cannot expect I would be on the forum 24/7, sometimes I must eat, sleep, etc. 

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 7

Eric has a point Umberto. Take ORBX for example. They have in the forum software the option to just put a "Noted" tag in the topic title, so that anyone can see without misunderstandings that the problem has been acknowledged. Just locking a thread without further explanation... well you see to what conclusions some people come when that happens, as asinine as they might be.

And it is easily avoided.

My god, the drama in this one is strong...

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

Eric has a point Umberto. Take ORBX for example. They have in the forum software the option to just put a "Noted" tag in the topic title, so that anyone can see without misunderstandings that the problem has been acknowledged. Just locking a thread without further explanation... well you see to what conclusions some people come when that happens, as asinine as they might be.

I think I already explained, quite clearly, why the thread might have been locked and how I found out about that only the morning after so, please, just drop it, because is getting old now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, B777ER said:

All this could've been avoided if you took probably less than a quarter time it took to write this post to mention bullet point 2 above in the locked thread on your forum. In absence of any information, vines of speculation are grown.

So  how  quick  do  you  want  him  the  reply  to  your   post  with in 2  minutes   since  he  did  respond  the  next  day,  guess  you  want  him  to be  on  24/7  and  than again the  time  differance

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 8/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, klamal said:

While I don't disagree that maybe it could be done in a more nice fashion sometimes, the developer has to be able to accept criticism.

There's a huge difference between criticism and ranting! Hats off to @virtuali, that he's able to stand for all the beating and complaints he gets. 

Criticism usually comes with some kind of reason and explanation of what led to the critique point. Ranting is just venting and just complaining without any reason of justifiable goal. Sadly, that's what I usually witness in here... 

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Maybe this is a new business opportunity for devs. 

Premium Support for only 20 bucks a month guaranteed response times 🙂

Like Microsoft is doing it but with factor 1000x in the price 😅😅😅

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

51 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Maybe this is a new business opportunity for devs. 

Premium Support for only 20 bucks a month guaranteed response times 🙂

Like Microsoft is doing it but with factor 1000x in the price 😅😅😅

This isn't even sarcasm it's already a business model for a certain night lighting developer....

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

So  how  quick  do  you  want  him  the  reply  to  your   post  with in 2  minutes   since  he  did  respond  the  next  day,  guess  you  want  him  to be  on  24/7  and  than again the  time  differance

Never said 2 minutes. You really don't know what you're talking about as apparently you don't know the full story. but you take a part of the information and make a full summation of it like you know everything about it. This is about a locked thread on their forum and Umberto initially blaming me way earlier in this very thread for using shader tweaks in the sim when is it turns out it's an actual bug with the sim itself. But you'll never see an apology from @virtuali  for coming to a quick fast, incorrect conclusion.

Eric 

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

There's a huge difference between criticism and ranting! Hats off to @virtuali, that he's able to stand for all the beating and complaints he gets. 

Criticism usually comes with some kind of reason and explanation of what led to the critique point. Ranting is just venting and just complaining without any reason of justifiable goal. Sadly, that's what I usually witness in here... 

Now you're taking one extreme and bringing back in the opposite direction. Some of the criticism in here is justifiable. Why is it so hard to see both sides?? Irregardless, the airport is fantastic in my opinion and I'm sure they'll continue to improve the issues that have been brought up.

Dos anyone know why it shimmers so much? Im using the highest AA I can in P3D. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

17 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Now you're taking one extreme and bringing back in the opposite direction. Some of the criticism in here is justifiable. Why is it so hard to see both sides?? Irregardless, the airport is fantastic in my opinion and I'm sure they'll continue to improve the issues that have been brought up.

What are you talking about?! And would you please stop taking a point, and then assuming the extreme version, and then using that to justify your objection? 

never said, that there wasn't any criticism, which weren't warranted! How did you derive that? Please, I'm curious. I never took any sides - I merely stated, that there's a huge difference between ranting and constructive criticism! 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

12 hours ago, Drumcode said:

My god, the drama in this one is strong...

You're not joking lol.

Umberto can be "blunt" but also the flip side he can be seen working on feedback and acting on it. 

There is little "give and take" in this topic, that's for sure. It's like black or white nothing in between. The way some criticism is given, I am not sure I would even reply if I was him frankly.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Never said 2 minutes. You really don't know what you're talking about as apparently you don't know the full story. but you take a part of the information and make a full summation of it like you know everything about it. This is about a locked thread on their forum and Umberto initially blaming me way earlier in this very thread for using shader tweaks in the sim when is it turns out it's an actual bug with the sim itself. But you'll never see an apology from @virtuali  for coming to a quick fast, incorrect conclusion.

You are also not saying the whole story.

You said you had *NO* lights whatsoever and your airport looked pitch black, except for jetway numbers. 

This looked like a different issue than what this bug (and relative fix) was about, because this bug and its fix only covers the global light outside the main terminals, because the bug affected only things made as .BGL, not as Simobjects. The local lights around the Terminals were always made as Simobjects and we haven't touched them in the fix, because it wasn't required, but this is what you said:

the terminal night textures are not coming on and the DL is not coming on either. The only things lit up around the terminal are the gate numbers on top of the jetways. 

This means, according to your report of a pitch black airport (no lights whatsoever, just the jetway numbers were lit) and to the fact you said you both altered the default HDR settings *and* used a Shader mod, made my initial diagnosis of this possibly caused by shader mods and/or setting totally reasonable.

DL lights close to the terminal weren't affected by this bug and hasn't been changed in the fix so, if I had to trust your report the only thing lit up around the terminal were the jetway numbers, the only possible explanation is that your issue was perhaps two things combined: the bug on arrival and the usage of Shader mods or other changes in the settings, which made the DL close to the terminal not visible, or not visible enough.

Edited by virtuali