Sign in to follow this  
jalbino59

FSDT Chicago O'hare V2 Released.

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Dos anyone know why it shimmers so much? Im using the highest AA I can in P3D. 

As discussed so many times, the shimmering (the proper term is "moire" effect) it's a byproduct of PBR. More precisely, is caused by high-frequency data in the normal maps, and since not many users are accustomed to full PBR sceneries, you might have the impression this scenery in any way different but, in fact, you can easily find similar report from all PBR products out there. 

It's obviously possible to tweak the more problematic areas, because the effect is NOT the same everywhere, it depends on the lighting, on the time of day, on the kind of material, your own screen resolution, the antialiasing settings, but it CANNOT be eliminated *entirely*, not even in more advanced graphic engines, like Unreal:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/121845/moire-problems.html

You can try 8x or 4x SSAA Antialiasing, both modes results in way less moire than the MSAA modes.

If you find areas or objects that seems to look worse, make a proper report in our forum ( not here, please ), because when a user reported this in the correct way, clearly indicating the metal garage doors as a more problematic class of object, we tweaked the texture and reduce it a lot.

Edited by virtuali

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Dos anyone know why it shimmers so much? Im using the highest AA I can in P3D. 

I don't know but I removed the demo from my system for this reason.

Cheers,

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

I don't know but I removed the demo from my system for this reason.

You likely had the first version, before we toned down all metal garage doors, and you likely didn't had SSAA Antialiasing settings, which further reduce the effect. Since the scenery is not obviously shimmering all the same, but there are only a few places in which we can intervene, the constructive approach here would be reporting them precisely has they already were, instead of quickly discount it (without even considering it has already got 3 updates) instead of trying to understand both the reasons and the solutions. You would want to do that anyway, since with more and more fully-PBR products out there, you'll have this problem much often.

See this post here, complaining about shimmering in the PMDG 747:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/10617-anyone-else-underwhelmed-by-pbr

Another long discussion about shimmering, from last year:

Another post here, discussing about jagged lines on PBR aircraft:

Another post about shimmering on several PBR aircraft:

So no, shimmering or moire is not new in PBR and surely not new of KORD V2, we can only try to learn how to minimize the effect with the right settings, hopefully LM might improve the rendering as well.

And I've said, since the scenery doesn't obviously shimmers "entirely", it would be useful if you made a report ( on our forum, not here ) of the areas you think are the worse, so we might tweak their textues, like we tweaked the metal doors, which now looks way better than the initial release.

OK-

I have almost all of your airports, Umberto, KLAX being my favorite as I live up north a short piece close to KSFO. I like your products across the board.

Not being up on PBR and it's particulars, when I saw the massive shimmering, I said no thanks (from the Latin meaning offensive initials not allowed?), I think I'll check back in later on this one.

I'm in the process of a multiple SSD upgrade (as I'm writing this) and will give this another try this weekend when done with your recommendations and see what the deal is.

Cheers,

Mark

5 hours ago, newtie said:

Not being up on PBR and it's particulars, when I saw the massive shimmering, I said no thanks (from the Latin meaning offensive initials not allowed?), I think I'll check back in later on this one.

As you can see in this thread, PBR shimmering is fixed by using the correct AA settings:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/558841-which-kord-to-get/?do=findComment&comment=4051195

Many of us who run 4K TV or Monitors normally don’t run MSAA or SSAA. So in order to fix the PBR shimmering we need to run AA to eliminate the shimmering? Just making sure I’m following all this. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Does anyone else have the road traffic driving up over the taxiway instead of driving under the bridge?

I’m trying to find a fix and wondering if its just my system or happening to all.

Otherwise all is great with V2

IM

32 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Many of us who run 4K TV or Monitors normally don’t run MSAA or SSAA. So in order to fix the PBR shimmering we need to run AA to eliminate the shimmering? Just making sure I’m following all this. 

Yes but, the more resolution you have, the less need for the highest settings and, it *must* be SSAA, since MSAA doesn't seem to do much to fix shimmering. I use a 1440p display, so 8x SSAA is required there but at 4K, 4xSSAA might be enough. With nVidia inspector, you can also also try Sparse Grid Supersampling.

32 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Does anyone else have the road traffic driving up over the taxiway instead of driving under the bridge?

I’m trying to find a fix and wondering if its just my system or happening to all.

This has already been discussed on our forum, those cars are not coming from our scenery. They are default cars passing on vector road paths and, for several reasons they cannot pass under a taxiway bridge (otherwise the taxiway wouldn't work for you and AI planes), so we haven't set any path for them in our scenery. So, they are probably created because of a road path created by another scenery. Be sure KORD is on top of the Scenery Library, and if that doesn't work, try to understand from which they are coming from, by disabling other sceneries.

32 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Otherwise all is great with V2

Of course it is!

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

This has already been discussed on our forum, those cars are not coming from our scenery. They are default cars passing on vector road paths and, for several reasons they cannot pass under a taxiway bridge (otherwise the taxiway wouldn't work for you and AI planes), so we haven't set any path for them in our scenery. So, they are probably created because of a road path created by another scenery. Be sure KORD is on top of the Scenery Library, and if that doesn't work, try to understand from which they are coming from, by disabling other sceneries.

Of course it is!

Thank you Virtuali for letting me know.

IM

On 8/31/2019 at 6:53 PM, virtuali said:

It must be my FTX OC USA, however I have not been able to fix it by moving KORDv2 to the top of the leaderboard. As it happens all my FTX sceneries are at the bottom of all my add on sceneries.

If anyone has found a fix please let me know. 

IM

Is anyone else using P2ATC and just getting abandoned by ATC on approach? It lines me up for an approach (usually dumping me out on "final" several miles north of where I should be) and then it's radio silence all the way in.

I'm asking here because I'm guessing it's a P2ATC issue, and also because I'm guessing if anyone is using both FSDS KORD and P2ATC, they're most likely to be in this thread. Wanted to see if it's a common issue before I start bothering support forums.

Great scenery btw,

Only had some issues with terminal missing but it seems to be ok now

Secondly i have stutters with FPS drop on approach to Rwy 28C and 28R about 2-4nm out. I can reproduce this using Chaseplane outside world camera regardless of AI traffic or aircraft .

VRAM about 6-7GB (1080Ti FTW3)

I use OPENLCNA

Any ideers ? 

Disabled any MT6 .bgls and ORBX KORD as well

Thanks

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The only issue I have found now is if I edit the AFCAD I keep the naming convention that works and have no other BGL in the sim but now I get bleed through of the Base Stock KORD airport buildings.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

19 hours ago, rjfry said:

The only issue I have found now is if I edit the AFCAD I keep the naming convention that works and have no other BGL in the sim but now I get bleed through of the Base Stock KORD airport buildings.

That's because you have ADE set to compile the scenery and the exclude files separately. When compiling, go to "More Options >>>", and be sure the "Compile Separate scenery and object BGL" option is UNCHECKED.