Sign in to follow this  
MatzeH84

Nice catch

36577908jv.jpg

Look what I found on ebay.. For only 20 bucks. Complete with all performance charts. I guess I've gone full geek now with the Lear. 😂

• Like 3

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Hi Matthais,

I'm right there with you...

I bought this for about the same when I started flying this fine bird...

9781447535997_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Yeah, got this one right away when the Lear was released. Really excellent book! But I always missed the detailed performance charts.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Hi Matthias,

Concur - if you ever scan some useful charts and feel like sharing...................

It's nice to have a real book to peruse through - it will look great on your shelf in your office too...

:wink:

I watched a couple takeoff videos lately - after spending time with the new FDE - noticed them keeping the temps around 780 and they were only climbing at 1800 FPM - LOL - how did we miss that on the earlier version ? I was routinely climbing at double that if not more... 

Regards,
Scott 

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Flight manual states..832°C max continuous, but recommends to reduce to 795°C after 30 minutes of max continuous ITT to reduce excessive wear. While less is obviously better..

I recall Joe pointing out he aims for 800°C for the climb, which seems legit when looking at these numbers.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

3 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

Flight manual states..832°C max continuous, but recommends to reduce to 795°C after 30 minutes of max continuous ITT to reduce excessive wear. While less is obviously better..

I recall Joe pointing out he aims for 800°C for the climb, which seems legit when looking at these numbers.

Our RW airplanes, and the Flysimware rendition, have been modified with the -2C engines. The original airplanes had the -2B engines, which is what you're seeing in that AFM.

The -2C engines have a maximum ITT of 865, and you can run them anywhere you want for as long as you want. It's not terribly uncommon for us to sit in cruise with an ITT of 820. So when I start the climb at 800, I'm well below the limit of 865. Sometimes if we're flying a really long leg that requires careful fuel discipline and excellent economy (Like Teterboro to San Juan), we'll actually bump the power up to 855 for the last few minutes of the climb so we can get ourselves up to FL410-FL430 without having to take the fuel penalty of stopping at a lower altitude.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Are there other operational differences between the 2B and the 2C other than the higher temperature limits? As far as I could find out, they made it more durable with longer maintenance intervals, but are there any performance differences as well?

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

2 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

Are there other operational differences between the 2B and the 2C other than the higher temperature limits? As far as I could find out, they made it more durable with longer maintenance intervals, but are there any performance differences as well?

The only real performance advantage is improved climb performance, especially at altitude.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

And is its because of the increased ITT margin, correct? So the fuel burn figures related to the same power setting would stay the same?

Another small one.. I read it that during spoiler on operation the spoiler light should remain extinguished, but right now it starts flashing when a spoiler comes up in spoileron mode. Is this correct..?

I did a lot of work with Mark for the first big update after the initial release, if you think I could be of any help in testing things, just give me a call. I'd be happy to rejoin the beta team.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team