Sign in to follow this  
Louibarnes

[Answered] Fs Lights Reborn Day Lights

Hi, i have noticed during the day, ai lights are still very bright and visible which is unrealistic as aircraft lights should barely be visible in the day. was wondering if this is normal for fsreborn or whether its a problem and has a fix, thanks

Loui

4 minutes ago, Louibarnes said:

Hi, i have noticed during the day, ai lights are still very bright and visible which is unrealistic as aircraft lights should barely be visible in the day. was wondering if this is normal for fsreborn or whether its a problem and has a fix, thanks

Loui

Hi Loui,

This is not normal, my effects are actually barely visible during the day.. in fact I even had some complains about it haha and I had to explain this is how real world works.

Are you sure your system is actually using my effects and there are no conflicts with another add-on on your system?

Send me some pictures at support@fsreborn.com to have a look.

Regards,

Simbol

Edited by simbol

i am using FLAI therefore i have removed effects section in the add on.xml and also have special effects setting at max, and fslights reborn is checked in add ons menu so im sure its working im not sure what could be causing this then?

I use AI traffic compiled with AIFP using FAIB, AIG, AIA, TFS, ... models. In my case, the strobe lights are clearly visible and illuminate the ground during day.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

11 minutes ago, Louibarnes said:

https://imgur.com/qucXtRo like this?

Hi Loui, It is hard to appreciate from the picture, are you having issues with strobes? or all effects?

S.

sorry i am not sure what you mean by effects. Basically i installed vpilot and BVAI with dynamic lights and all ai aircraft lights were huge fireballs and from the other side of the airport looked like golfballs on each wing. Therefore i downloaded FsReborn lights which has made the lights look alot better, still a little big but i can see ai lights brightly in the day which i didnt think was correct therefore i thought i had an issue? or not? thanks for any help,

Loui

7 minutes ago, Louibarnes said:

sorry i am not sure what you mean by effects. Basically i installed vpilot and BVAI with dynamic lights and all ai aircraft lights were huge fireballs and from the other side of the airport looked like golfballs on each wing. Therefore i downloaded FsReborn lights which has made the lights look alot better, still a little big but i can see ai lights brightly in the day which i didnt think was correct therefore i thought i had an issue? or not? thanks for any help,

Loui

My product installs the following type of lights:

A) Navigation Lights (Green, Red, White)

B) Beacons

C) Strobes simulating XENON Bulbs between 6,500K to 7,000 Kelvins.

Which lights do you always see during the day? just the strobes? this is normal with the freeware as it was designed with the purpose of increasing the distance these looks at night since the default ones are not visible beyond 3NM.

Unfortunately P3D does not allows me to install 2 types of effects, one for night and one for day.. I managed to reduce the visibility of the nav lights at day by reducing their sizes a lot, but if we do this with the strobes the results are undesirable. Another issue with P3D is the scaling algorythims which are all calculated for 4K, in hence why you experience such balls of fire.

The professional edition coming out very very soon, allows you to set all the effects parameters to your own preference and you can reduce the size intensity, etc. for all types of lights, it also offers an alternative scaling algorithms for lights which simulates the real world much better.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

1 minute ago, Louibarnes said:

Great thanks for your help. Any ideas when professional version will be releasing and its price range?

A trailer should be out in a couple of weeks and I am aiming to release before the Cosford Show in the UK.

The price range is similar to what you used to pay for shockwave lights, so totally accessible 😉.

All the best,
S.