Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

August 22, 2019 Update

8 minutes ago, simaddict said:

Yeah...but the screenshots say they are from Feb/March? That's an update?

Did you see them in Feb or March? If not, I’d say it’s an update then. We didn’t even know they were building a new sim in Feb/March, so I’d say anything they show or tell us that we haven’t already seen or heard is an update, no?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

5 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Did you see them in Feb or March? If not, I’d say it’s an update then. We didn’t even know they were building a new sim in Feb/March, so I’d say anything they show or tell us that we haven’t already seen or heard is an update, no?

You're right. I guess I was just hoping for more, up to date screens.  

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Some of you guys need to get more realistic.

We are probably a year out from release of this simulator and MSFS are already giving us weekly updates. That's highly unusual and should be lauded, not complained about. Don't expect them to give much for a while. Toward the end of the year, maybe you start to see things really heat up.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, simaddict said:

You're right. I guess I was just hoping for more, up to date screens.  

Funny thing about the FS community. When a developer announces a new item a lot of people beg for updates, sometimes almost daily, like on the PMDG forums.

Now we have MS coming with a new sim and even giving us a layout of when updates will post along with a roadmap of what’s happening and when, and guess what? Some people still complain because the updates aren’t enough. I’m not singling you out btw, just saying as from what I’ve observed on here so far.

Personally I think we should be grateful that MS even decided to make the announcement and provide a road map this far out and not come across as a disgruntled community because each update didn’t say enough or release enough screen shots in it.

You can’t blame some devs for not even making an announcement prior to release for fear of having to go though the same thing.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have a philosophical inquiry about sloped runways in MSFS:🤔

If I input runway slope (% gradient) information in an FMS, will the runway slope inputs matter, and will the slope/gradient be correct in sim?🧐

I also wonder how AI ( if there is going to be AI ) will handle sloped runways or correct elevation.

I hope its nothing like XP or google earth elevation/slope.

The screenshots look nice - but I was tired of "only cumulus" and sparsely "painted (no substance at all)" cirrus clouds way back in FS5 - here we are going on 3 decades later and still nothing but cumulus. 

Has anybody ever heard of any other cloud type?😫 

• Like 1

For me each update is appreciated no matter how small or how big. And I absolutely love the person(s) that are in charge of the cryptic messages to answer some of the questions asked in the forums. Not just a straight answer but someone is racking their brains at night to come up with one liners so to speak. Love it, keep it up MSFS Team 🙂

Just to name a few:

Philosophical Question

If a tree falls on a sloped runway but there is no one there to see it, is the runway still sloped?

Answer:

We hope so, because we’ve got curved/sloped runways in the next iteration of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

“I want to pay for it in unmarked, non-sequential, low denomination bills, placed in three black plastic bin bags, left on the third floor of an abandoned multi-story car park, at midnight.” – AVSIM User

MSFS – Done. Once you make the drop, head south 3 kilometers. Locate a metal trash bin, retrieve mobile phone at bottom of bin. At 1:06AM text “no subscription”. Await further instruction.

These post or priceless in my opinion. And I will take one every single week until the sim is released.

MSFS Team

Developers on MSFS Team - 20-30

Writers for Cryptic messages - 100 ( Now they may only get paid if their Cryptic message is chosen 🙂

It's a joke everyone. Maybe I am one of their cryptic message writers 🙂 Can't wait for the next one? Let's see it could be about how DLC content will be delivered. That's a big one being debated. I personally want a cryptic message about missions. Instead of just saying Yes or No about MSFS having missions, which would be normal. They will go to the writing room for ideas and pitches.

It could go something like this:

Mary - I am in the mood for a hamburger.

Bob - A $100 dollar hamburger.

Mary - Why yes, how did you know?

Bob - We could go to Micky D's and get a $5.00 Big Mac, but would be more fun to take the plane out to get a $100.00 one.

End scene 🙂 Get on it MSFS Team writing room 🙂 I await the Cryptic messages, no matter the subject.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Two things that could be improved: Texture/orthophoto drawing sharpness in the distance (Still better in X-Plane with Ortho4XP scenery) and cloud artifacts on orthophotos, see those two crops:

https://imgur.com/a/fe24wYB

Removing baked in clouds from orthophots can be challenging of course. Don't know if Azure AI could be of any help in that regard or if it always reuires manual correction.

Edited by Airboeing

Kudos to the MSFS team! I really enjoy being part of the loop and getting new info every week. I can't think of one game development that has been as forthcoming and open about the process as this, so I for one am going to be nothing but grateful. Keep it up! 

As for the new screenshots, wow! Those coastlines look stunning. The graphics are absolutely state of the art and finally it looks like we'll have a simulator with visuals that are up there with other game titles. I'm actually glad this is some time away from being finnished, because right now I can't afford a new rig + 4K TV :) 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

5 hours ago, aleex said:

So, in summary:

- Slopped runways confirmed

- 3rd party news in october

- Bigger update next week, lighter this one on purpose

- Beautiful river shores

Cool sloped AND curved runways, that means that mods can develop those circular runways of the future LOL!

@188AHC Rick are we still adding this stuff to what we know, thanks! 😁

Cheers,
Dave.

• Like 1

Not yet a word about the Moon with precise depiction ? I'm getting worried....

And... the correct daylight we also do not have in XP ?

Well, let's assume Flight Simulator 2020 will be at least as good as it's predecessors are in these aspects, which is already very good 🙂

I'm really getting ENTHUSIASTIC!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes it is nice to have regular tidbits and feedbacks. Half the fun of buying something is the anticipation after all.

Only thing, the wretched souls who stick to W7 (against all common sense I know) have to wait to see the pics that some youtuber  says his piece or good souls on forums post them (yes, its a hint) as we can’t get « inside ».

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Love the screenshots and those clouds.  Awesome

Have to echo the other comments on here.  The weekly updates no matter how small or insignificant they may be to some, to others they have more meaning.  I dont recall any sort of big development team providing this much updates and openness and it is greatly appreciated.  Its also drip feed to keep the excitement going. Isnt that a marketing technique?  You might have a big update and then nothing for months on end, it kinda dies down, but here we have a discussion thread about every update!   And the little gem in it all this week of sloped runways.  Sweet. 

• Upvote 4

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

It's worth pointing out also the huge draw distance of clouds.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

But I can' really find that "phyllosophical" entry regarding slopped runways in yesterday's news ?  Not even when I login to my Insider account ?

Forget... just saw it... Duh!

So... I am basically trashing all of my other sim stuff, less ELITE 🙂 Wow!  MSF2020 is already a Winner !!!!!

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...