Sign in to follow this  
TrainNutter

*HELP* with CaptainSim 757 Stabiliser Trim

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

Does using the saitek switch not work?

No that doesn't work

Edited by TrainNutter

Well that answers why it never worked right for me. I bet I could use spad.next to map it to the correct captain sim command for trim. I just have it mapped to the default trim command which works correctly for every single other plane.

Edited by JasonPC

On 8/23/2019 at 2:38 AM, regis9 said:

Are you waiting until after pressurizing the hydraulics to try and set the trim?

Isnt it electrically driven? 

Check that batt is on, stby power is armed and either APU or GPU is running. And all elec panel swtiches connected.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:03 PM, KrisJ said:

Isnt it electrically driven? 

Check that batt is on, stby power is armed and either APU or GPU is running. And all elec panel swtiches connected.

Yeah it's electrically driven

It doesn't work by using the buttons on my yoke but the issue is fixed (Drag and hold the stab trim thingy to set it)

What’s weird is after takeoff the trim buttons on the yoke work. I haven’t flown this plane since my last post but I’m sure you can map the button to the trim control using the captain sim LVARs using spad.next. They have a list of LVARs in their cockpit builder SDK kit and it’s completely comprehensive of every single control in the 3D cockpit. At least they did that right.

Edited by JasonPC

So a little convoluted, but I managed to get this to work in Spad.next.

LVAR P05_011_POS controls the trim lever. The value 100 is nose down, value 50 is neutral, and value 0 is nose up.

I had to make a conditional statement that if my yoke trigger is pressed up to set the variable to 100 (nose down). When my yoke trigger is pressed down set the variable to 0 (nose up). And when neither trigger is pressed set the variable back to 50.

There might be another way of doing this but this was easy enough.