Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Maurauding thru places I've been in real life

Found this great freeware Marauder at Rikoo and I would be remiss if I did not include a link to it and the free Quebec City scenery also on that site...

Quebec City

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/68/484

B26 Marauder

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/52/880

I was in Quebec City first, on my second business trip ever in Montreal in 1990, the day before I flew home my client gave me the day off so I could visit Quebec City during winter carnival, a real treat to see if you have never been there, they also have one in Harbin China but I have never been there.

I was in Guam in 1992 and two weeks earlier I did not know I was even going to be going there, I was more than 9000 miles away on vacation in Orlando where I went to from my home in the SF Bay Area using my Delta frequent flyer miles I accrued during my start as a business systems traveler that brought me to Quebec City in 1990.  As I was at Epcot's Japan Pavilion, I made a wish "I want to see Japan some day" since I had already been to Europe several times, Canada many times, Mexico once, and South America once during my systems training jobs in 1990.  And ten days later, to make a long story short, I was invited to go to Guam for a job that I decided to turn down because of their housing costs, but the prospective employer affiliated with the health giant Genentech, where I interviewed for the job, invited me to go there for free.  A few days before the interview I went to Bakersfield, on an interview for another client I had worked for that wanted me to work for them, but I turned them down thinking I was going to stay in Guam.  On my Guam trip, my wish to see Japan came true, because I had a long enough layover there I had to rest in a hotel near Narita Airport and like Tom Cruise in the movie "The Last Samurai" or Anjin San in Shogun, I got to see the beautiful Japanese countryside and architecture (which can be seen in Xplane11 there is freeware scenery that changes the autogen in Japan to Japanese architecture)

The last set of pics, in Honolulu, I went there with my daughter to celebrate her thirteenth birthday there in October 2012 when one of my colleagues from India, who had just gone, insisted I see Hawaii just once even if it was just Oahu.  We stayed at the iconic Hilton Hawaiian Village, and for my daughter's birthday present I took her the night before to Macaroni Grill, then the next morning of her birthday, on a real one hour electric sub ride, the only real sub submersion I have ever been on, although my father has sailed on a real nuke sub from Hawaii to California on a reactor refurb mission, we even have a signed photo from their crew, but I cannot post the pic here because it was a spy sub, all I can say.  Sorry China and Russia, we know you are out there, lol....

End of Back Story, my life, like the famous PBS star James Burke has shown all of us about our history, has been full of the same serendipity and connection I am sure the rest of you here have had.  It is called by Physicists "Quantum Entanglement", which is how our thoughts can indeed travel faster than the speed of light, in a certain way.....

John

PUTpI1g.jpg
jqBI9us.jpg
Z1e915N.jpg
s4713FK.jpg
RU1bPnz.jpg
p64wM0O.jpg
3c0GpHn.jpg
zhIqNnZ.jpg
Qrb4cgb.jpg
rp469cm.jpg
8la1zhn.jpg