Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Imaginesim KATL 2019 Update Released

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

Is there some way I can tell if I have the 2019 version? I opened the Imaginesim op center. I have the KATL for P3DV4 purchased last year and it still says airport up to date but I still have the red terminal buildings. I even did a uninstall. reinstall , but still have red buildings while op center says up to date. I used my installer from 2018 for reinstall because there is nowhere on Imaginsim web site to redownload. Are all terminals now suppose to be grey? I guess I need to contact Imaginesim.

You have to use the Imaginesim Operations Center to update. It will validate your order there and allow you to download the 2019 version to install.

42 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

You have to use the Imaginesim Operations Center to update. It will validate your order there and allow you to download the 2019 version to install.

Thankyou Jason but the operations center is telling me it is up to date but it's not to my knowledge. I don't see anywhere to click to update.  

Vic green

So now that it has been out for a day. How is the performance compared to the previous version. I watched a stream last night and with everything checked it defiantly hit the FPS. Myself, I normally don’t check everything to include PBR and DL. Can’t wait to try it for myself on Sunday.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Ques: - So if I buy this addon for the first time, do I get the entire new installer with the 2019 update or I have to download old version first, install that and then on top do the update.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Got it. What I had to do is uninstall OP Center and download new one from their web site.

Vic green

All in all this is a good update. I am still using my own AFCAD where I have edited parking sizes to better reflect aircraft type parking. I also am using my own placed GSE and also trees that I added from the older version using instant scenery. 

Having no problems with SODE or the PBR textures.

I am impressed with the performance given the size of the airport and the number of aircraft. It runs silky smooth for me running a complex airliner and even with 150+ aircraft on the ground. 

This is still a little lower quality than flightbeam or flytampa but overall it is very well done.

Also very nice to have an update of this extent for free, especially three years after its release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One issue I'm noticing is that the GPU utilization seems much higher than anything I've seen lately.  I have a 1080ti.  The GPU memory is only using around 4of11gb.  But the actual utilization is 93-100%.  My frame rates are still good, but I'm wondering if something is messed up in the code.  This happens day or night. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

One issue I'm noticing is that the GPU utilization seems much higher than anything I've seen lately.  I have a 1080ti.  The GPU memory is only using around 4of11gb.  But the actual utilization is 93-100%.  My frame rates are still good, but I'm wondering if something is messed up in the code.  This happens day or night. 

I don’t see the higher GPU utilization as being a problem but rather a benefit to overall performance. The fact that your graphics card is being utilized to render the scenery more is a good thing as it allows the CPU to handle other tasks in the sim. And there is also a difference between GPU core load and GPU memory load.  Many of the best optimized P3D 4.5 sceneries and aircraft do a much better job of utilizing GPU power to reduce the CPU bottleneck that has always limited the FSX/P3D sim platform.

• Upvote 2

I know this is incredibly trivial, but did they model the Yellow and Green rapid exit lighting from the runways?

• Like 1

Just purchased, now I have a problem.  At terminal F there's a large building blocking the gates on the west side of the terminal where the jets park.  There are also 2 towers. I don't know if one should not be there.  I've looked all over, but I removed the only katl I had and that was in my scenery folder. Only 2 files.

John K

I think I found the problem.  There was an scenery object file for katl in another scenery folder.  I'm going to test now.

John K

I just updated KATL and found out that night textures on the terminals partially disappear. I also noticed the same thing with their WSSS. Could someone confirm it?