Sign in to follow this  
j35

Alabeo C421 GNS530 Question

I'm just an old novice so please be gentle.  Just purchased the Alabeo C421 Golden Eagle and have been enjoying getting use to it.  Does the GNS530 have the ability to use the direct-to option to join a waypoint in an already loaded flight plan without removing the rest of the original flight plan or is this option not possible with this GPS?

I had flown a couple waypoints in a loaded flight plan and landed at an airport north of the next waypoint in the flight plan. I continued the next day from the landed airport  ( loaded the same flight plan )   and I wanted to continue to the next waypoint in the flight plan. I used the direct-to to the next waypoint in the flight plan but it removed the rest of the plan.  I was hoping to use the auto pilot NAV mode to continue with the flight.

Thanks for help

Jack

The C421 is a really nice airplane, but the GNS 530 that comes with it is not very well simulated, unfortunately.

If you really want to enjoy this airplane you should add in a quality Garmin GNS or GTN unit.

Are you willing to spend some money on this quest.. or are you willing to put up with the limitations of the Carenado avionics, that is the question.. If you want to explore the options, get in touch with me via PM and I can help you through this..

Bert

After finding a detailed manual for the GNS350 I believe that the Alabeo GNS 350 is very limited in the pages under the FLN option.

Hi Bert

We both posted at the same time. I have purchased the Flight 1 GTN 750 some time ago and you helped me install it in the Carenado Phenom 300.

I assumed that it could be installed in the C421 by selecting the installer file in the aircraft folder. Does it require more work than just running that application as mentioned in their GTN 750  readme file ?

Edited by j35

1 minute ago, j35 said:

Hi Bert

We both posted at the same time. I have purchased the Flight 1 GTN 750 some time ago and you helped me install it in the Carenado Phenom 300.

I assumed that it could be installed in the C421 by selecting the installer file in the aircraft folder. Does it require more work than just running that application?

That is the first step, but I do have a panel folder for you that fixes the autopilot..

I have been working with a RW C421 owner over the last two weeks, and this simulation is really first class with the GTN 750 in the panel..

Bert

1 minute ago, j35 said:

OK ...I guess I need to send you an pm.

Yup..

Bert

I doubled clicked your name, selected the envelope and  sent a message. Is that the proper method for pm?

• Like 1