Sign in to follow this  
airernie

A key and tracking question

New user here.

FSX has an option to Snap the view back to front facing.  This is is great because you don't have to try and recenter the view by using the hat switch.

I couldn't find something similar in X-Plane 11.  Does one exist and if so what is the assignment called?

I have an EDTracker and X-Plane 11 recognizes and even responds to movements in the calibration screen.  However, that stops once I open the flight screen.

I know that I can use something like OpenTrack, but it appears that X-Plane natively supports the device.  I'm just not sure why it doesn't respond once out of the calibration screen.

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

W key.  

You can also position your view to wherever you want and assign it by pressing CTRL + [Numpad number].

Then whenever you want to go to your assigned view, press the numpad number (don't press the CTRL Numpad combo after you've assigned your view), and it'll snap to your preset view.

46 minutes ago, GoranM said:

You can also position your view to wherever you want and assign it by pressing CTRL + [Numpad number].

Thanks, sadly not an option for me since I use a mini-keyboard which doesn't have a separate numpad.  Is it possible to assign the option to a non-numpad key?

Ernest Pergrem

Not that I know of.  

If all else fails, the W key will bring you right back to the front facing, default view.

Of course, you can change all keyboard functions to whatever keys you want in the keyboard settings. Just search for the command "memorize", and all of the save view options will show up, and allow you to change them.