Sign in to follow this  
Hamel

GTN "flashing" after update NVIDIA driver 436.02 (resolved)

Hi there. I ve got problem, that GTN 650/750 picture start "flashing" continously after update Nvidia Drivers to 436.02. GNS is working correctly. Problem is only with GTN. My friend has same problem. When drivers are reinstalled to previous than everythink working correcty. Has anyone same issues? 

Hi,

is this when running the GTN trainer standalone or in the simulator?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I don´t know if its in standalone trainer too, but its in Xplane. I am back on older driver and everythink is now working correctly. 

This may be a bug in the latest Nvidia drivers, we'll see if there are other reports coming up in the next days.

You might want to cross-check running the GTN trainer standalone the next time though. Just run it directly from where it is installed via the Garmin 'launcher', while XP11 is not running of course.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Same problem with drivers 436.15. Trainer is working correctly, but in X-Plane is GTN "flashing"

Here is video:

Thank you for the video, this is interesting.

Is this happening when displaying all your GTN in the same monitor as well?

Otherwise, it this happening also if you only display the GTN in the 3D panel and hide/close the popup window?

In addition, can you please manually edit your RealityXP.GTN.ini file and add this line in the [GTN_750_1] section:

DebugValue = 1

As it is explained p19 of the RXP GTN User's Manual, this will enable video card debug mode and output any pertinent information (If any) into the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file.

Edited by RXP

I have the same issue in both xplane and p3d after friver update.

it happens in both seperate window and in panel versions.

Darren Howie

Hi!

Same issue here, after Nvidia drivers update. Example on my DF B407 (but issue is similar in the PC12 for instance) :

Enabling debug value gives nothing fancy in the log file. Here is the output after powering on then off the GTN in the B407 after few minutes :

19/08/29 10:27:06.572 19556 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.19.1
19/08/29 10:27:06.571 19556 INFO ] 
19/08/29 10:27:41.786 19556 INFO ] using: E:\X-Plane11\Aircraft\Bell_407_XP11\checklist.gtn
19/08/29 10:27:41.915 19556 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6620
19/08/29 10:30:21.484 19556 INFO ] GFX Debug: enabled.
19/08/29 10:31:15.632 20472 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6620

Edited by RMF

I believe it is a driver bug. I've tried to gather some more information and there is a known issue with flickering mentioned in their release notes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/cw55y0/game_ready_driver_43615_faqdiscussion/

There are other reports of the same thing happening when G-Sync is enable:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/313160/secondary-monitor-flicker-in-43168-at-idle-clocks/?commentPage=1

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/313003/windows-flicker-flashing-120hz-10-bit-43615-drive/?topicPage=2&commentPage=2

We can't repro for now but this makes me wonder whether this is a factor. Are you using G-Sync? Can you please try changing the VSync/GSync settings on your video card to cross-check whether this is a factor?

Thanks for feedback.

My monitor is not G-Sync compatible, so I can only modify the VSync parameter. However, either activating VSync or disabling it through NVidia Control Panel or inside XPlane doesn't change the result on GTN flickering.

Yet, I noticed that the flickering is intimately linked to the FPS. By changing some graphic parameters in XPlane, I manged to lower the FPS to something close to 20 and to 30 as well (instead of 40 in the video). At 20 FPS (varying between 19 and 21 roughly), the flickering is almost gone. It's not resolved, but much much less frequent.

So it has indeed something to do with frames synchronization...

Moreover, interesting (or maybe not) fact is that in P3Dv4, with the f1 GTN, I don't have any flickering... But maybe it's no comparison as you don't use same technics to render, I don't know at all.

Edited by RXP

Ok, I think I got something more for you. I'm using SLI, with 2 GTX 780.

If I disable SLI, flickering is gone, no matter the FPS I got in sim. Enabling SLI, flickering is back.

2 hours ago, RMF said:

If I disable SLI, flickering is gone, no matter the FPS I got in sim. Enabling SLI, flickering is back.

One of the link above is someone with an SLI config as well with an older driver. Here the link again:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/313160/secondary-monitor-flicker-in-43168-at-idle-clocks/?commentPage=1

Please read the answer in this Nvidia forum discussion. There as some interesting comments like:

I have worked around this temporarily by setting my Surround displays to run at 144Hz rather than 120Hz, thus taking advantage of the known buggy 144Hz/G-Sync interaction to prevent my cards dropping to idle clocks. Since making this change, I have not experienced any flickering.

Also:

• The 431.68 is suppose to have fixes covering the 431.xx driver prior.
  • The 431.70 is supposed to have the same fixes but geared toward productivity softwares.
  • The 436.xx are just bad for a lot of systems.

I would definitely suggest returning to the prior NEWEST driver that worked correctly versus using a workaround.

There is also this discussion where the screen flickers in 10bits but not in 8bits. It seems 10bits support is very recent:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/310529/30-bit-monitor-in-10bpc-mode-issue-because-30-bit-/

You might want to cross check this as well.

Worth reading is the driver release notes as well:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/436.15/436.15-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Has a lot of 'limitations' listed when dealing with G-Sync, SLI, Win10 etc...

Sorry, I was out from PC. I also use SLI with 2 x GTX 1080 and my friend which has same problem using NVLink 2 x RTX 2080 Ti. So we will see if they solve bugs later 🙂 Thanks for help with this mystery. 🙂

• Like 1