Sign in to follow this  
Maverick24

Problem with adding new airport to FMS database

Hello,

I instaled military airport Mozdok XRMF scenery. I would like to use it with PMDG 737 and 777 and I realize I have to add data about this airport to FMS database. So I looked for some information here and I am a little stucked now. I added according information to airports.dat and ARPT_RWY.dat. Now I am on XRMF airport, simulator showing the same position I entered to those files, FMC shows same last position (around N43°.47.26; E44°.35.15), but if I entering position in FMS, XRMF has still some strange coordinates (N43°28.4; E044°.21.7)which makes XRMF airport on MFD showed about 20 miles elsewhere. I cannot find the incorrect coordinates anywhere to change.

Delete a ARPT_RWY.dat did not help. In picture you can see what I describing above.

https://ctrlv.cz/LqqA

Could someone help me with this? I want to add Shukhumi and Gudauta airport too, but I am stucked with first airport I want to change.

Jiri

Do keep in mind that the coordinates displayed in the FMC are in DMS format, whereas the coordinates in the navigation data are in decimal format. To convert between the two, you can go here:

https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/dms-decimal

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Kevin,

Don't know if it works as I've never tried adding an airport or coordinate to a PMDG FMS, but the conversion site is a nice find, thanks!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Hello again,

Kevin thank you very much. I had to overlook this fact. But there is another problem. I can deal with flying without sid/stars, but I would like to add runways. I mean those runway markings - intermittent lines in runway heading on MFD. I added informations to airports.dat, put them according to ascending latitude sorting. But in FMS are no rwys. Could you give me some hint on that please?

Thank you

Jiri

11 hours ago, Maverick24 said:

I mean those runway markings - intermittent lines in runway heading on MFD.

Runway centreline extension.

you add the extension distance after selecting the runway. As you have no runway to select, you won’t have this option until you get the runway inserted correctly into the nav data files.

Some helpful tips in this thread

Luke Pype

Just adding the airport to airports.dat isn't enough, you need to add the runway information into wpNavAPT.txt. The link that Luke posted should help you with what information needs to be included. Once you do that, you'll need to delete ARPT_RWY.dat and restart the simulator.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Hi guys,

I did not have a much time for this, but I can say - I am figured this out. It was quite simple. The topic you recomended me I saw before but my problem was, I could not get a quite right coordinates. It was enough to change coordinates format at Google Earth and I got them from it. Rest of work was according to recomended topic above. 

Thank you guys, you´re the best.

Jiri

4 hours ago, Maverick24 said:

I could not get a quite right coordinates. It was enough to change coordinates format at Google Earth and I got them from it. Rest of work was according to recomended topic above. 

Did you try using the coordinates conversion tool I posted above?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg