Sign in to follow this  
somiller

GA parked aircraft

Nico,

I've been attempting to get PSXseecontraffic to park static GA aircraft...with no luck.

So I guess the first and most important question is whether it's possible to get PSX to park static GA?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, somiller said:

So I guess the first and most important question is whether it's possible to get PSX to park static GA?

Yes of course that is possible! You only need to have the right liveries (ICAO airline + ICAO type, or PVT +  ICAO type) and an airport file witha GA parking positions that expect those liveries ...

For instance, from AGGA.xml:

<parkpos id="r2" latitude="-8.705578" longitude="160.681992" heading="98.8" radius="10.0">
        <aircraft>
            <option airlines="PVT" types="C172" real="false" />
        </aircraft>
    </parkpos>

If you have a C172 livery with ICAO airline code PVT (from private), PSXT will park that livery at gate r2.

I suspect you do not have added PVT to your GA aircraft...

Nico,

Here is one of my C172 liveries...what do I have wrong here?

[fltsim.1]
title=FLAi_C172_N81ER
sim=Cessna172SP
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=N81ER
kb_checklists=Cessna172SP_check
kb_reference=Cessna172SP_ref
atc_id=
atc_parking_codes=VIP
atc_parking_types=RAMP
ui_manufacturer="Cessna"
ui_type=C172
ui_variation="N81ER"
ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="Repaint by Tom Tiedman 12-3-2012"
atc_airline=PVT
atc_model=C172

My airport xml has 23 instances that look like this (each with a different parking spot #):

<parkpos id="r12" latitude="41.587341" longitude="-83.821838" heading="247.1" radius="10.1" cargo="false">
        <aircraft>
            <option airlines="PVT" types="C172" real="false" />

I have many GA aircraft listed in ParkPosGenerator for RAMP_GA; RAMP_GA_SMALL; RAMP_GA_MEDIUM; RAMP_GA_LARGE; I have nothing in DOCK_GA (don't even know what this means), so is it possible for PSXseecontraffic to randomly park other of my GA aircraft that just the C172? All I see in my airport xml's for GA is the C172.

I've read the manual for PSX, PPG, and AILG over and over but obviously I'm missing something because I get zero GA parked.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

This is wrong:

atc_parking_codes=VIP

It should read:

atc_parking_codes=PVT

Nico,

Thanks, it worked. Now at least I have C172's parked, but now how do I get a parked mixture of the GA types that I have, and not only C172's?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

By adding other aircraft types to the same or other parking positions.

See the examples in airport files generated by PPG. Instead of one type you enter multiple types  separated by comma's.

And you have of course to change the VIPs by PVT's in the aircraft.cfg files.

Edited by kiek

Nico,

So there is no way to get PPG to propagate anything other than C172 into parking positions? If such is that case, how does PPG decide that it will use only C172?

I have another curiosity...in the PPG folder there is "ParkPosGenerator.xml", and in appdata\roaming\ParkPosGenerator there is "parameters.xml" and they seem to contain similar (identical?) data. Is one of these files obsolete?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

5 hours ago, somiller said:

So there is no way to get PPG to propagate anything other than C172 into parking positions? 

Is one of these files obsolete?

Of course not. In the GUI of PPG you can add other types to the different gate types...

In my previous post I was talking about what to do if you want to manually change an airport file. But you can also use PPG for most of that work.

ParkPosGenerator.xml is something from the past. Look at the file date... You may delete it.