Sign in to follow this  
samisahusky

Taxi2Gate LFPG elevation issues Terminals B and D only

I'm still waiting on Taxi2Gate to approve my request to join the forums for them, but thought I'd see if anyone here knew what was going on

I purchased, download, and installed T2G LFPG and as I was going around the airport editing the parking positions for GSX, I noticed that the terminal buildings for terminals B and D sit too low. All other scenery including the SODE jetways that came with the scenery and the removed and replaced GSX SODE jetways all sit where they should be, but the terminals are too low. All other terminals, aprons, and other buildings and fixtures are correct.

I do have ORBX Vector installed also and I have tried withe LFPG both enabled and disabled in the Airport Elevation Corrections tab of the Vector config and there was absolutely no change at all in anything. I also attempted to add a "flatten" at an elevation of 399.199 feet over the entire airportand again, no changes. I'm pretty sure T2G included a cvx file that would have the flatten in there already anyway. I do not have the elevation mismatch if I remove T2G LFPG and replace it with a freeware LFPG so it is not a sim elevation issue. Yes, I made sure I removed all LFPG bgl files aside from the T2G ones.

Does anyone have Taxi2gate LFPG for P3D v4.5 and have this issue or had it and was able to fix it somehow aside from what I've already tried? I'm wondering if the 2 terminals were modeled with the wrong elevation. Aside from going and finding that model bgl and making placing the model in ADE to ensure correct elevation, then removing it from the original bgl and recompiling, I'm not sure what else to try. The issue with that would be I don't know where EXACTLY the models would need to be placed for the Latitude/Longitude/Heading in ADE so they would be where they are supposed to be.

Suggestions? (please note, due to my work schedule for the next 2 days, I will be able to see responses and reply, but I will be unable to do any testing until Monday afternoon Pacific USA time).

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

hi. i see you got same issue as i with the elevation. in my case i got no answer, and so i will answer your issue.  that is a very annoying issue i got with ftx vector and orbx in general. applying manual or automatic fixes with the aec did nothing. IT TOOK ME TWO MONTHS to figure out whats wrong. actually its very dumb fix. seriously. nobody thought this answer on forums but i found it: DEACTIVATE EFFECTS in your scenery.cfg or take it off the xml file if you have it done this way as per scenery it fixed everything. did it remove any feature? not that i know of. zero difference. but now with a working airport. super satisfying. dont touch ade, because it's whats under the terminals thats messed up. DO WHAT I DID. i mean it costs nothing so id say you should really try it out. let me know. im out of my sim rn but this worked all the way from v4.0 till v4.4 no problem.

really happy to help. i fixed this issue and im happy to give people back a smile after such problems that can last a long time.

@samisahusky
There are 3 entries in my scenery library in the following order.

LFPG-Layerup
LFPG
LFPG-terrain

Have you checked this? Mine works fine.

@LH340fan I’ll give that a try right now and see what happens. 

@BillS511 I’ve verified all 3 are in the proper order. 

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

7 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

@LH340fan I’ll give that a try right now and see what happens. 

@BillS511 I’ve verified all 3 are in the proper order. 

Mesh set at 5m?

@BillS511 mesh 1m / texture resolution 15cm / scenery complexity very high ... those settings brought the 2 terminals up about half way, but still sitting too low. 

@LH340fan the scenery is in the scenery.cfg, but nowhere in the cfg does the word "effect" or "effects" show up ... nothing to disable.

5 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

@BillS511 mesh 1m / texture resolution 15cm / scenery complexity very high ... those settings brought the 2 terminals up about half way, but still sitting too low. 

I know you already checked. I just checked vector and LFPG is disabled for me.

6 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

@LH340fan the scenery is in the scenery.cfg, but nowhere in the cfg does the word "effect" or "effects" show up ... nothing to disable.

In the ...\TAXI2GATE-LFPG P3Dv4\data\LFPG\Scenery folder is a EFFECTS-T2G-LFPG.BGL. Not sure if that is what LH340 is talking about. But I'd leave that alone.

Edited by BillS511

Just now, BillS511 said:

I know you already checked. I just checked vector and LFPG is disabled for me.

I tried it with both settings, enabled and disabled. I just went in to FTX central and found it back on the enabled section, so I moved it back to disabled (i know I disabled it about 10 times already). setting up and I'll see if that changed it.

My concern if it does change it is having my settings that high just for the airport to show up properly ...  even the manual says those are recommendations for "HIGH END SYSTEMS" ... do they expect everyone who uses flight sim to have high end systems? I HAD a high end system, about 5 years ago, and I'll have another high end system in about a month, but currently, I have a mid-end system

Just now, samisahusky said:

I tried it with both settings, enabled and disabled. I just went in to FTX central and found it back on the enabled section, so I moved it back to disabled (i know I disabled it about 10 times already). setting up and I'll see if that changed it.

My concern if it does change it is having my settings that high just for the airport to show up properly ...  even the manual says those are recommendations for "HIGH END SYSTEMS" ... do they expect everyone who uses flight sim to have high end systems? I HAD a high end system, about 5 years ago, and I'll have another high end system in about a month, but currently, I have a mid-end system

Seems FTX had no impact ... terminals B and D are still now only half way to where they should be .. no change from when LFPG was apparently on the AEC enabled or disabled list.

I saw that referenced in an xml file in the LFPG install folder ... I’m not trying to recode a bgl to get this to work ... not my job lol

And that was only referenced if dynamic lights was on or off in the LFPG configuration settings ... wouldn’t have an impact on this issue anyway. 

7 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

I just went in to FTX central and found it back on the enabled section, so I moved it back to disabled (i know I disabled it about 10 times already). setting up and I'll see if that changed it.

Make sure you hit apply at the bottom before exiting.

8 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

I have a mid-end system

Same here.