Sign in to follow this  
samisahusky

Taxi2Gate LFPG elevation issues Terminals B and D only

At B6 in tower view - https://prnt.sc/oxw249   - you can see the yellow "B4" hardly above the apron

Zoomed out tower view - https://prnt.sc/oxw2lo  - Terminal B abount the middle of the screen and sitting low, Terminal D about bottom mid of the screen sitting low, Not sure what terminal is across from B (top left) but looks like it is sitting low also, but the terminal across from D (bottom left) is sitting fine ... it's just in this general area and has been isolated to this area since install.

Edited by samisahusky

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

The more I look at that first screen shot, the more I see wrong ... look to the mid-right of the screen and you'll see 1 building sunk in, while the one next to it is floating too high

The light posts seem fine in that area (where Air France jets are)

Edited by samisahusky

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

I'm going to try to uninstall/reinstall LFPG and see if that does anything ... I'm seeing buildings that were fine 2 days ago not fine now. I don't know if somehow there was any changes to the elevation in the AFCAD file and I don't have the original anymore ... Seeing "Dock" all over the place actual usable gates marked as "Ramp_GA" was both annoying, and would have caused some parking issues when I land and request a gate. I use PATCX for ATC and GSX Level 2 for ground handling. I don't think changing the name assignments on the AFCAD would have an impact on the buildings elevation tho ... the cvx and aprons and everything else are all separate files that I didn't adjust.

Did you modify any other bgl files within the Orbx folder? 

22 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

The more I look at that first screen shot, the more I see wrong ... look to the mid-right of the screen and you'll see 1 building sunk in, while the one next to it is floating too high

You have extra buildings there also. Default, other scenery? What it should look like.

a2FCgXv.jpg

Edited by BillS511

nope. I only made those mentioned adjustments to the LFPG_AF.bgl file in ADE ... the one that has the gate names and taxi names and the like. I dont really mess with other bgl files. I did use ModelConverterX to open the bgl that has the terminals inside it to verify they were showing correctly on the ground level there and they are, but I didn't save anything from there. It was more of observing.

3 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

You have extra buildings there also. Default other scenery?

a2FCgXv.jpg

I noticed it also, but a full search does not show ANY LFPG file other than the ones installed by T2G. This is a fresh install of P3D and all the addons also. Literally have done 0 flights since the reinstall.

I had deleted the ABP_LFPG_Default.bgl file that ORBX Vector installs, but I had to reinstall Vector just to get LFPG to show up on a list to disable AEC ... it is since back, but I'm marking it as .disabled and see if that does anything. Just finished reinstalling LFPG also so I'll see what the status is.

Edited by samisahusky

There is also an LFPG_AF_ALT.bgl file in P3D Scenery\World\Scenery

All other bgl files with LFPG in the name are in the SimMarket\Taxi2Gate\... folders

https://prnt.sc/oxwcr0    - Reinstall did nothing 🤬

wait .. .that _ALT.bgl file ... thats something with an altitude adjustment ... let me delete that and reload the sim. Where did that come from?

https://prnt.sc/oxwft4

reinstalled LFPG

marked ABP_LFPG_Default.bgl as ABP_LFPG_Default.bgl.disabled

Deleted LFPG_AF_ALT.bgl

And I am right back to where I was 3 days+ ago with the terminals now further into the ground 🤬🤬🤬

https://prnt.sc/oxwgru - The extra buildings are gone and the other 3 Terminals, including D are looking correct ... but B is way too low now - https://prnt.sc/oxwh5b

17 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

wait .. .that _ALT.bgl file ... thats something with an altitude adjustment ... let me delete that and reload the sim. Where did that come from?

Did a search in my world\scenery came up nothing. Don't where you got that.

10 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

marked ABP_LFPG_Default.bgl as ABP_LFPG_Default.bgl.disabled

Mine is still ABP_LFPG_Default.bgl. In other words enabled.

I'll try taking the "disabled" tag off the ABP file ... its a vector file.