Sign in to follow this  
samisahusky

Taxi2Gate LFPG elevation issues Terminals B and D only

One is active and the other not?

28fMYdN.png

Edited by BillS511

https://prnt.sc/oxwkwn - my search in ORBX folder for LFPG .. I did just change that file back and retesting now

Edited by samisahusky

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

https://prnt.sc/oxwlyl - that did the trick! ... not even sure what "that" is anymore ... it's been a very long 2 days. But whatever you coached me thru doing has worked! Thank you 🙂 🤗

• Like 1

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

Just now, samisahusky said:

https://prnt.sc/oxwlyl - that did the trick! ... not even sure what "that" is anymore ... it's been a very long 2 days. But whatever you coached me thru doing has worked! Thank you 🙂 🤗

Whew! I was running out of ideas. Good... now go fly.😀

If only it were that simple 😞 ... I didn't notice the problem until I was editing the parking positions with GSX, and I still have about 200 more to go ...THEN I can go flying lol.

Airplane+II+Elaine.jpg

• Like 1

@BillS511 Do you use GSX, or the SODE jetways that came with the airport?

Happy you got it sorted out! What i meant in my case is that i tested all lfpg ticks in the scenery manager and one of them sorted it out for me.  I found a great gsx config on some site i forgot but if you pm me i can give it to you because paired up with the sode jetways and gsx its amazing. It uses the stock jetways and it adds all of the docking systems at terminals 2K and 2L as well as marshallers just like the real thing

10 hours ago, samisahusky said:

@BillS511 Do you use GSX, or the SODE jetways that came with the airport?

I use the SODE jetways unless there is an issue that GSX can correct.

@BillS511 I'm look specifically at get F84 ... the parking position is too far to the right for the default T2G jetway to reach. I tried doing an exclude in GSX for that jetway to add a GSX jetway but the T2G one is reluctant to go away. Maybe because GSX excludes within 1 meter but that gate may be further away, but I don't want to exclude gates that work fine around F84 either.

Also, I'm not sure if there is a GSX gate that would fit there properly with the height at which the jetway or bridge would connect properly to the scenery. Just be looking at the position with the default T2G jetway, looks like that gate height is in between the standard heights and the "Higher" or "Upper Level" gates where the standards will be too low and the upper will be too high. Since there is only 1 model (but different lengths) of the Sloped bridge, that bridge would have to be a perfect match to work without there being pieces sticking out somewhere. I'll keep trying the exclude and see what I can manage.

@samisahusky

Another way to get rid of that jetway at F84 is to open up Taxi2Gate_LFPG_Stands.xml in the SODE xml folder C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml and delete the section that contains the jetway. Make a backup of Taxi2Gate_LFPG_Stands.xml first. Then go from there to see what GSX jetway looks good and is long enough to reach the aircraft exit.

5NhmcLa.png

wKVg6Vk.jpg

T2G has the terminal wrong. Looking at google earth side by side. Jetway F84 should be in the blue arrow position.
RY5oCM3.jpg

Edited by BillS511

Using SODE Placer I moved the jetway for F84 to the correct location.
It's not perfect but it's where it's suppose to be.

xTWU9CN.jpg

O9UxJzr.jpg

S8KQZUE.jpg

Make a backup of Taxi2Gate_LFPG_Stands.xml first. Replace the F84 section with the new section below.

<Stand AfcadICAO="LFPG" AfcadGateName="GATE_F" AfcadParkingNumber="84">
            <!-- StandLocation;49.00747139006853;2.5795944035053258;223.8400421142578;18.0-->

<SimObject Name="Jetway 1 GATE_F 84">
            <Placement Lat="49.0070453568" Lon="2.5792511074" Alt="2.296588#AGL" Hdg="224.3"/>
            <Model SimTitle="Taxi2Gate_LFPG_Jetway_2A_SAT" StaticSimTitle="Taxi2Gate_LFPG_Jetway_2A_SAT_Static_0">
                <Jetway InitialState="0;60;30;19"/>
            </Model>
        </SimObject>
    </Stand>

Edited by BillS511

I got that one fixed, thank you!

I'm trying to manually place one for W7 and there is a couple other in the satellite gates that the jetways are either showing as static like at W7, or are in the wrong position, Like W5 looks like it would be turned too far away to work.

I'm just not sure how to exactly read the line of code with the coordinates on it for the StandLocation:

Here is the data from W5 unchanged: <!-- StandLocation;49.017174281179905;2.540879398584366;205.0;18.0-->  ... I know the 1st number is the Lat, the 2nd is the Lon, but what is the 3rd number and the 4th number?

Also, If I make a SODE jetway entry for W7, the static one will still be there which is a bummer. W7 actually has 2 jetways in the scenery, but only 1 is even close enough to be used but it's static.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:44 PM, samisahusky said:

usable gates marked as "Ramp_GA" was both annoying, and would have caused some parking issues when I land and request a gate. 

The reason they, FlyTampa and FSDT use “Ramp_GA” is to prevent FSX/P3D from showing default tugs or ground vehicles since many custom sceneries place their own or if you have GSX then you’ll have theirs. By suppressing the default vehicles it avoids the chance they will be showing and possibly overlapping the scenery builders or GSX vehicles. Shouldn’t make any difference to FSX ATC for you or AI in getting a gate as long as correct gate parking codes and sizes are assigned to the spot.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator