Sign in to follow this  
sem

Is there a way i can fix my BIKF Scenery?

https://imgur.com/a/EjNqPVm

Is there maybe a .blg file i have to remove/ad or an ACF file i need to remove/ad, i would really love to fly out of BIKF especially to fly some medium haul 75/76 routes

Just to say I have the same problem with default scenery, at gate every finger is suspensed at about 30mt from the ground. 

Edited by riccardo74

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

If you're using ORBX' Open Landclass EU, there are airport files for Keflavik and a bunch of other Iceland airports surreptitiously embedded in that product.  They're found in the Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery folder, and there's also an Orbx airport elevation file for most/all of those same airports placed in Scenery\World\Scenery. 

If you're using a 3rd party scenery (like the Aerosoft BIKF add-on), it's likely to conflict with the Orbx stuff unless you disable some of those bgl files.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

7 hours ago, w6kd said:

If you're using ORBX' Open Landclass EU, there are airport files for Keflavik and a bunch of other Iceland airports surreptitiously embedded in that product.  They're found in the Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery folder, and there's also an Orbx airport elevation file for most/all of those same airports placed in Scenery\World\Scenery. 

If you're using a 3rd party scenery (like the Aerosoft BIKF add-on), it's likely to conflict with the Orbx stuff unless you disable some of those bgl files.

Regards

https://imgur.com/a/kXb4xwG i have disabled the default and orbx bgl's but i still get this..

BIKF is one of the hardest airport to get running because orbx really screws with this one. But there is a solution somewhere in the orbx forum (german part) and I have it running successfully now in P3Dv4.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Hello,

assuming that you are trying to install Aerosoft Keflavik X:

Orbx Open LC Europe contains the Orbx Iceland demo which includes an addon version of BIKF.

As with any addon airport, if a second addon airport is added, there will be problems.

The Orbx version can be entirely removed by deleting or disabling

scenery\world\scenery\AECBIKF.bgl

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\01_APTBIKF.BGL

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\FTX_FTXG_BIKF_objects.bgl

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\02_APTBIKF_CVX.bgl

If you also have Orbx Vector, then AEC for BIKF must be disabled.

The link to Captain Frank's excellent fix is here.

It contains a readme which with Google Translate, anyone can read.

Hopefully this is a bit more helpful than

orbx really screws with this one. But there is a solution somewhere in the orbx forum (german part)

Edited by Reader

2 hours ago, Reader said:

Hello,

assuming that you are trying to install Aerosoft Keflavik X:

Orbx Open LC Europe contains the Orbx Iceland demo which includes an addon version of BIKF.

As with any addon airport, if a second addon airport is added, there will be problems.

The Orbx version can be entirely removed by deleting or disabling

scenery\world\scenery\AECBIKF.bgl

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\01_APTBIKF.BGL

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\FTX_FTXG_BIKF_objects.bgl

ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU8\Scenery\02_APTBIKF_CVX.bgl

If you also have Orbx Vector, then AEC for BIKF must be disabled.

The link to Captain Frank's excellent fix is here.

It contains a readme which with Google Translate, anyone can read.

Hopefully this is a bit more helpful than

I do not have Vector installed but i did delete the orbx FTX_OLC files for bikf and i deleted the AECBIKF.bgl file, and still, all the taxiways are the grass texture from default airports and the runways are also default, zoomed-out or from a distance the airport looks completely normal, but when you get closer the default ground textures bleed through

https://imgur.com/a/Nekusdl

Did you view and apply the fix from Captain Frank?

Edited by Reader

12 minutes ago, Reader said:

Did you view and apply the fix from Captian Frank?

It works now, i had made an error while applying cpt. frank's fix

You're welcome.

Edited by Reader

@Reader Just to confirm - you have this working in P3D v4.5? I'm going to try it later this afternoon to see if I can successfully install it. I'll follow your instructions (deleting the ORBX files, etc) and I have Cpt Frank's fix translated.

Thank you.

colin

On 8/26/2019 at 2:36 AM, officercrockey said:

BIKF is one of the hardest airport to get running because orbx really screws with this one. But there is a solution somewhere in the orbx forum (german part) and I have it running successfully now in P3Dv4.

@officercrockey Same question to you. You are able to successfully install BIKFX into P3Dv4? Did you have to convert all the texture BMP's into DDS format?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

colin

No, the textures do not need to be interfered with.

Orbx only "really screws with this one" because it adds an addon and

when one tries to add Aerosoft Keflavik X (or BIKFX) one is adding a

second addon in the same place, something that never ever works.