Hello,

I schould like to use the "Lighthouse" symbol i made .png file. Not completely clear in the manual for me, i named it "userpoint_Lighthouse"

Placed it in the settings directory,  c:\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel, but nothing happens, cant find my lighthouse in the list

Placed it in the default directory of LNM, same problem.

Can someone give me some more explanation than what is in the manual ? 

FANTASTIC program, i use it for IFR and VFR, left all the others!

Ivan Werbrouck

Hi Ivan,

LNM needs a SVG file which is a vector graphics format.

You can convert your image to a SVG (for example with Inkscape or https://convertio.co/de/png-svg/) and name it "userpoint_Lighthouse.svg" . SImply renaming the file will not help and might crash LNM.

BTW: Next version allows PNG, GIF and JPG too.

Alex

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the superfast response!

Ok, i have my lighthouse now in the list and i can place it on the map, but on the map, it is a double circle with yellow border...no lighthouse symbol

Only if you find some time for me, it isn't that important

Thank you

Ivan

1 hour ago, Iwerbrouck said:

Ok, i have my lighthouse now in the list and i can place it on the map, but on the map, it is a double circle with yellow border...no lighthouse symbol

Only if you find some time for me, it isn't that important

The problem is probably that Qt (the programming library I'm using) is a bit limited and can not display complex SVG images. This is one thing I cannot fix, sorry.

Alex

Hello again Alex,

Problem solved, your right, at first i was to lazy to learn a bit about "Inkscape"… now i made a simple simbol of a Lighthouse (3kb) and everything works fine, with the symbol on the map and the name etc ! ok, now i'll start to cleanup the userpoints DB, i have 17688 items in it, trying to group them for the region i fly in, and only load this ones.

Thanks for putting me in the right direction! (PS I like the circuitpatterns in VFR you can put over every airfield, fantastic!)

Ivan

Glad it is fixed, Ivan. I added a lighthouse to the default types for the next release too but LNM will still use yours since you can also override the default icons.

Alex