Sign in to follow this  
spilok

I have SOLVED severe pauses in P3d!

I have suffered from pauses in P3d forever.  Don't get me wrong....I have wonderful flights and very, very smooth. BUT, every so often, especially when I changed views, I would suffer severe pauses for up to 10 seconds, and it was especially annoying and disruptive to my perception of smooth flight.

I truly believe after much research, I have solved my "pause problem" and I proved it to myself tonight.  Here's what I did:

• I have created EXCLUSIONS in my anti-virus program (ESET - Nod32).  I excluded the whole program, Lockheed Martin, and all that's underneath it.
  • I have excluded REX Sky Force Folder
  • I have excluded my HiFi Folder because I use Active Sky for P3d
  • I have definitely turned off AutoSave in FSUIPC.
  • I use the latest Nvidia driver, 436.02.  Great driver for me.

I flew from Shannon Ireland to Liverpool, England in an Airbus 321.  No pauses.  Then I flew from Liverpool to Munich (night flight) in an Airbus 340-600.  No pauses.

Smoothest flight I've had in months, maybe longer.  It was a true pleasure switching views frequently and moving from view to view with NO pauses.

I sincerely hope I'm correct on all this, but after reading various forums and trial and error, I believe have have solved the frequent pauses that P3d can produce with all the addons we all have.

Stan

• Upvote 1

I'd say that was it alright. Did the same recently and pauses disappeared. My Flight sim computer is used almost exclusively fore that and I have 3 systems now. After I move into my new house next week and work out all the details of how those systems will be used. I think my 2 system Eset Nod 32 licence will be applied to the other 2 system and my FS system will be AV free. You have to be careful but I think like nearly everything we are told we must have in this world for the most part its the emperors new cloths. Hans Christian Anderson, one of the wisest men of all time. 😁

• Like 1

Stan

I did all those steps you mentioned long time ago and I still have those irritating pauses. The only difference I have is AV. I use Kaspersky. I have just built new PC and I will be adding addons back one at a time. Will try to figure out the point where I will see pauses again.

Regards.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Nice to think that we could solve all scenery loading pauses, by changing the AV program's settings..

Sorry.. you may have solved some of your pauses, great!  But scenery loading pauses in heavy scenery, especially when having lots of Orbx scenery active is another kettle of fish, entirely..  :unsure:

If this were AV.. a simple test would be to turn off AV entirely for a flight..

Edit: I did just that.. and sad to say.. "No Banana"..  :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Bert

Well it does work but AV has tentacles in every corner of your system.

I say if you have a System that is dedicated to FS keep it AV free.

That's what I am about to do. But I am not suggesting that anyone else do the same.

• Like 1

Just so you know windows defender scored 10 out 10 in the latest AV test beating a lot of payware AV, and I use Norton's and all my sim programs are excluded including addons and it`s set to silent mode when P3D starts.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The danger of turning off AutoSave in FSUIPC5 is your whole flight could be wasted if P3D crashes. Although my own system is pretty stable and crashes are rare I do get them occasionally.

The downside of a very slight pause when autosave is doing its job is worth it to me if it means I can resume a flight should the worst happen.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I also use ESET Nod32 and have excluded all flight sim and addons folders a long time ago but I still have those pauses that nearly give me a heart attack every time. It's great if it works for you but please report back after the next couple of flights or so.

NOD32 has a game mode that automatically enabled when you go into full screen. You can also enable it in the settings. https://support.eset.com/kb2838/

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

10 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

But since P3D doesn't really run in full-screen, the game mode is not automatically activated.

Right. I always enable it before I fly in settings. Only realized that it was automatic when I looked for the KB article.

It does disable notifications and updates, but I don't know if this still run in the background.

Edited by duckbilled

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 minute ago, duckbilled said:

Right. I always enable it before I fly in settings. Only realized that it was automatic when I looked for the KB article.

It does disable notifications and updates, but I don't know if this still run in the background.

I do the same most of the times but that doesn't solve the pauses, at least not for me. 

Micro pauses & loading AG in the distance completely ruin my sim experience. I'm hoping that the other sim will soon have all the add-ons I want in order finally put this sim to rest. FS2020 can be released soon enough. We have been chasing our tails for way too long and these two annoying issues will never be resolved.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

My pauses are caused by the injection of AI when nearing heavy traffic areas.   And no way around it until they go to a non-bgl traffic file format.   

i turn Antivirus off during flight sessions.   

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

3 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I also use ESET Nod32 and have excluded all flight sim and addons folders a long time ago but I still have those pauses that nearly give me a heart attack every time. It's great if it works for you but please report back after the next couple of flights or so.

I certainly will report back if they resume or my luck continues.

Stan