Sign in to follow this  
spilok

I have SOLVED severe pauses in P3d!

My stutter problems could probably be resolved very easily.......by purchasing a new PC. My i5 4690k @ 4.3Ghz/16GB DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GeForce GTX 770 powered PC is now five years old :ohmy:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

My stutter problems could probably be resolved very easily.......by purchasing a new PC. My i5 4690k @ 4.3Ghz/16GB DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GeForce GTX 770 powered PC is now five years old :ohmy:

I guess we are always chasing the dragon with hardware lol

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

This is actually the longest time that I have used a single PC in my entire twenty seven year history of operating home PCs. The previous record was four years (AMD Athlon 64 3200+ based PC from 2004 to 2008).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

19 hours ago, spilok said:

Should have said "for me!".  Still flying after my exclusions and I'm not experiencing the long, 10 second pauses I was experiencing before doing that. 

Well, instead of flying hours and hours and basically "wait" for the next pause to prove your "fix" right or wrong, the scientifically correct approach would be much faster and much more relevant: simply revert what you did, means get rid of those exclusions again. You would be able to test if it really were those exclusions that fixed your pauses with a single test flight only... just saying...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

On 8/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, Bert Pieke said:

We each have our "favorite" locations, I would think.. In my case it is the Orbx SoCal region.. 1-2 sec pauses here and there.

Perfect test location:  Take off at Van Nuys R16R, on the piano keys.

What stands out to me is that when I fly multiplayer with half a dozen flightsim buddies, we all experience scenery loading pauses in the exact same locations.  One will call out "Just had a pause" and others will follow with the same as they overfly the same location..

V4.5. original release was actually better at Van Nuys, but V4.5.12 HF re-introduced the pause.. It must be a performance trade-off.. :wink:

Have to admit, Bert, that Van Nuys is definitely an airport that gives me several slight pauses as I take off.  I do use So Cal scenery, and LAX is actually better that Van Nuys from a pausing standpoint.

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 6:16 PM, spilok said:
  • I use the latest Nvidia driver, 436.02.  Great driver for me. - Stan

I too have noticed improvements in all sims with the latest and greatest set of Nvidia drivers....  With P3DV4.5, Xplane11, and Aerofly FS2 being my suite of civilian sims, in that order, and F1 2019 being my go to racing sim, racing the circuits of Europe and the rest of the World, and of course Trainsim 2019, with its constant improvements, Jack Nicklaus Golf, which is a flight sim of sorts because I used to golf until my back became like Johnny Millers, and I could hit a golf ball more than 300 yards if I was not distracted by golf tailgaters, lol, since we had no real gators in Napa, Solano and Sonoma counties where I golfed. 

I also have, when I want to shoot at everything that moves enforcing my virtual second amendment rights, Wings of Prey, a great sim.  I have DCS World but have not really gotten into it yet, and last but not least, I enjoy Virtual Pool 3D, a free Microsoft store game, and No Limits Coaster sim because while being a light sport and ultralight student, I do not believe in turning a perfectly good airplane upside down just so someone can catch the money falling out of my pockets....

So your pause advice is sound, I am your Padawan learner 😑