Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Best night lighting tweak yet.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:44 AM, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi Colonel X,

I stop in here at AVSIM every once and a blue moon to read up on things, I'm glad you find my XP11 light mod useful.

You're right Ryan, the top set of pics are photos of my actual monitors and the ones further down are actual screen captures themselves. Since I'm not interested in screen grabs for the most part, I didn't focus my attention in that area... my goal was to provided the best view while flying the sim. The exterior view I get when flying can bee seen in the video bellow. Unless ones focus is on screen grabs, you'll never see screen grab type lighting that is shown in the post.
For those that have UHDTV's (4K), here are my monitor settings
Picture Mode: DYNAMIC  |  Backlight: 20  |  Contrast: 100  |  Brightness: 61  |  Sharpness: 60:  |  Color: 55  | Tint (G/R): 50/50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3niNWY7iJM

Many thanks for not only the work involved creating this mod, but also for sharing it with us mere 'mortals' not so skilled;-)

Seriously, thank you!

Hi,

Just a heads up for those that use my night lighting... I've updated the lights to reduce the visible taxi lights distance, it's not visible from tens of miles out anymore...

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/53686-my_xplane_night_lighting/

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 3

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Awesome....yeah can't stand the bright taxiway lights.  At night it can be difficult to pick up an airport for the visual...I think a lot of users without real experience think it's easy to pick out an airport in a big city.  I just look for the black hole lol

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Everybody,

My night lighting effects are done, work has started on daytime effects.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Excellent job!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:05 PM, Colonel X said:

There's a new replacement for XP11's night lighting, and in my opinion, after having tried a lot of them, it's by far the best yet. It goes by the humble name of "My_Xplane_Night_Lighting 1.1.6" and is a bit more elaborate than other tweaks, as it replaces more that just the lights.txt - key here is resizing the lights, correcting the scale of the lights by making them smaller (similar to what Mister X's HD forests do to the scale of the trees). Colors are also spot on, less orange and with a lot more variation - check the highway ramps for example. It doesn't change the emitted light however, so it has the same performance than vanilla X-Plane lighting - unlike other tweaks such as the TK Lights mod, which will lower your FPS. Make sure to remove other tweaks before installation.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/53686-my_xplane_night_lighting/&tab=comments

I've just installed these add ons, very pleased with the results, thanks.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.