Sign in to follow this  
SailorDoc

Flight Planning G1000 C172 SP

Can someone please give some direction as to setting up a simple flight plan using the G1000. Running FSX (boxed) on a Win10 machine. I have read through the C172SP manual regarding flight plan. Its simply not working. They say you can use your own computer keyboard to input data. That does not work for starters. My flight plan is from KTVL (Lake Tahoe) to KMRY (Monterey, Ca.). I select FPL. I click on the inner knob to activate the cursor. I enter KTVL as starting point. When I begin to select other waypoints it jumps from "Destination Waypoint" to "Starting Waypoint". Im able to get 1 or two waypoints in then it kicks me out and tells me to select a "Starting Waypoint" again. Im wondering if I should delete these Carenado AC and reinstall again. Mr. Pieke sent instructions, I followed them to the letter and the G1000 flight planner is not working per any procedure. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciate. Otherwise I'm stuck here Lake Tahoe and it's getting freakin expensive here. Thanks

If you cannot get the G1000 to work for you, can you use the built in FSX flight planner instead?

Bert