Sign in to follow this  
gaivy912

Vertx DA62 FSUIPC Autopilot Keybinding Issues

I have my Joystick a VKB Sim Gladiator MK II setup with P3D v4.5 using the Full Verison of FSUIPC. It works great with my other planes the A2A 182T, Carenado Phenom 300, RealAir Sim Duke Turbine V2, and Carenado Pilatus PC-12. For the autopilot I have one button setup to switch the CDI from GPS to VLOC, another to select NAV Mod, and a couple of more to select HDG and Approach Mod for example. And on all the planes listed above (which ALL use the Flight1 GTN 750) the settings all work perfectly. But using the Vertx DA62 it does not recognize any of the buttons I have setup for the Autopilot...With the exception of One which is the button that turns on and off the AP itself, but none of the other buttons (such as the ones listed above) do anything with the autopilot. The other buttons such as the Flaps, Brakes, and Parking Brakes work fine. The problem seems to be only with the Autopilot settings. Anyone else having this problem? And if so is there a fix for it. I really like this plane but it is getting very frustrating having to use the mouse to click on these tiny buttons to make changes with the flight plan settings. And with the DA62 I am using the G1000 that came with the plane since it is not compatible with the GTN 750. But that shouldn't matter anyway since the settings are bound to the Control Assignments of P3D itself and not to the planes Individually...

I have also now gone into the "Control Options" of P3D and assigned the Joystick Buttons there and still the same issue there. The Autopilot will not recognize any of the Keybindings other than the AP on and off control.

Has anyone else been able to enter a Victor Airway into a flight plan using the MFD of the Vertx DA62? I have followed the instructions included with the airplane documents "Garmin G1000 Cockpit Reference Guide for the Diamond DA62 -- page 29" completely step by step, but I have NO Option to "Load Airway" via a Soft Key or the Menu Key. The problems I am having with the Vertx DA62 G1000 and the keybinding of the Autopilot have gotten me to the point of giving up on this airplane and I hate that because I really Like this airplane. I understand from the forums that the developer is having personal problems that he is having to deal with, but it is Extremely Frustrating to buy a Product and have these kind of issues with No Support what so ever. And I am not even sure what other problems may exist because these are problems I have encountered on just the Basic Setup of the airplane. I am alot more familiar with the use of the GTN 750 than the G1000, but as I said after watching several youtube videos and following the instructions included with the Vertx DA62 purchase I cannot enter a Victor Airway. If anyone else with this plane is able to enter an airway into the flight plan please explain to me how you did it...

More problems with the Vertx G1000. On the page where you have MAP, WPT, AUX, NRST 90% or better of the info is NOT working. MAP - seems to be OK. WPT - has no info (just says Loading) I have waited over 20 min and it still says "Loading". AUX seems to be OK. In the NRST section - Airports did load after a few min. but Intersections, NDB's, and VOR's never loaded. The G1000 in this plane in conjunction with the autopilot not recognizing ANY of the Key Commands assigned to it make what would be an awesome plane almost unbearable. Now I am thinking that I should have gone with the Carenado version. The Carenado version even has a GTN 750 mod and on ALL of my other Carenado planes my keybindings ALL work perfectly so far. I hope someone will make a GTN 750 mod for the Vertx version; that would be a Godsend. Then we would still have the problem with the keybinding issue, but at least you could enter a flight plan and have waypoint info.

Even if no one has a solution for these issues - let me know if you are experiencing any of the same problems. Just curious if these are General Issues or if I am the only one having these problems.

Edited by gaivy912

On 9/1/2019 at 9:26 AM, gaivy912 said:

Has anyone else been able to enter a Victor Airway into a flight plan using the MFD of the Vertx DA62? I have followed the instructions included with the airplane documents "Garmin G1000 Cockpit Reference Guide for the Diamond DA62 -- page 29" completely step by step, but I have NO Option to "Load Airway" via a Soft Key or the Menu Key. The problems I am having with the Vertx DA62 G1000 and the keybinding of the Autopilot have gotten me to the point of giving up on this airplane and I hate that because I really Like this airplane. I understand from the forums that the developer is having personal problems that he is having to deal with, but it is Extremely Frustrating to buy a Product and have these kind of issues with No Support what so ever. And I am not even sure what other problems may exist because these are problems I have encountered on just the Basic Setup of the airplane. I am alot more familiar with the use of the GTN 750 than the G1000, but as I said after watching several youtube videos and following the instructions included with the Vertx DA62 purchase I cannot enter a Victor Airway. If anyone else with this plane is able to enter an airway into the flight plan please explain to me how you did it...

Airways in the G1000 are not implemented.

I use an external flight planner (Aivlasoft EFBv2) that automatically loads the flight plan into P3D and the G1000 , which includes all the waypoints along the airways.

In reality, I plan all my flights using Garmin FltPlan or Skyvector and then type them into the EFB. It only takes about a minute to type it in, and it magically shows up on the G1000.