Sign in to follow this  
zkerr8

Baro Reference -Approach Checklist

I have a stupid question. I’m using the button version of fs2crew for the FSLabs ‘Bus (which I’m lovin’ by the way) and when i run thru the approach checklist, the FO always reads back a different baro reference than what i have set. Currently my baro is set to 1016.....and it’s the same in the approach settings in my MCDU.......but for some reason the FO states it’s 1017. What am i missing?  

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

You're using 3rd party weather right?  We can't read the value on the PFD directly... wish we could.

We're literally calculating what the altimeter setting should be by reading the atmospheric conditions.

I think there's a rounding issue somewhere with 3rd party weather.

That’s it!  I am using active sky for P3DV4.

P3D has the same issue when trying to detect pressure values from the AS. Good to know i am not going crazy. Thank you for the quick reply!

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"