Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Carenado Phenom 300 G-1000

When I try to input a flight plan. I go to  PROC scroll down to Depart then to PROC again  to select arrival.. If I slip up and make a mistake and go back to correct it, The airport field starts scrolling fast constantly (As if its scanning) and I can't get it to stop. The only way I can re-enter a flightplan is to break out of Prepar3dv4 and try again. How do I get the scrolling to stop without restarting Prepar3d? Thanks Walt

Walt Popowski

My answer is to use an add on GPS like the one from flight1. The one that comes with it by default is horrible and buggy.

16 hours ago, JasonPC said:

My answer is to use an add on GPS like the one from flight1. The one that comes with it by default is horrible and buggy.

The Car G1000 was not make to put in a flight plan. At best monitor your flight but flight planning is a nightmare. Again your better off with the GTN's

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I agree with the above two replies. However, to answer your question, try turning the avionics off and back on.

Tom

Guy's thank you so much. I will try all your suggestions. Appreciate all your help. And Happy Flying!

Walt Popowski

Hey, this issue is actually well known. Unfortunately seems like a bug in the aircraft itself. There is a workaround however.

See my topic on the issue here -

And the solution here - 1st post)-

Hope this helps. Unfortunately even though I was able to get over that particular issue, there were many more with the Phenom's autopilot system that had me pulling my hair out.

I would get 3/4 way through a flight and the aircraft would suddenely lose all sense of bearings and try and turn back to some waypoint I already passed. Cancelling out the current route. And it's not easy to fix things in flight either.

For now the Phenom has been shelved. As far as an addon aircraft goes, great idea, terrible execution.

Edited by RancidViper

On 9/4/2019 at 11:37 PM, RancidViper said:

great idea, terrible execution.

That should probably be Carenado's slogan. Beautiful planes that are fun to fly VFR, but man do their systems suck. I'd much rather them put more effort into the systems and charge me $20/30 more. The most maddening thing about the Phenom is that if you pay extra for the Navigraph extension, it actually breaks features of the G1000. That's a pretty unique marketing strategy; "The more you pay, the worse it works!"

Edited by eslader
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eslader said:

That should probably be Carenado's slogan. Beautiful planes that are fun to fly VFR, but man do their systems suck. I'd much rather them put more effort into the systems and charge me $20/30 more. The most maddening thing about the Phenom is that if you pay extra for the Navigraph extension, it actually breaks features of the G1000. That's a pretty unique marketing strategy; "The more you pay, the worse it works!"

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=53360&title=gtn-in-phenom-300

Bert

Hi Bert. Yeah, I'm very aware of the awesome work that you did, but unfortunately it requires that I own the GTN750. Since the -300 is the only plane I'd use it in (not much good in PMDG/Leonardo planes) I haven't pulled the trigger on buying it yet. If I ever do, I'll definitely be sending you a message.  And if I do, it will mean my -300 officially cost me about the same as the QOTS! 😉

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eslader said:

Hi Bert. Yeah, I'm very aware of the awesome work that you did, but unfortunately it requires that I own the GTN750. Since the -300 is the only plane I'd use it in (not much good in PMDG/Leonardo planes) I haven't pulled the trigger on buying it yet. If I ever do, I'll definitely be sending you a message.  And if I do, it will mean my -300 officially cost me about the same as the QOTS! 😉

You did say: " I'd much rather them put more effort into the systems and charge me $20/30 more." :unsure:

Bert

The GTN750 is $65, though, not $30. At some point I might get it, but... $65 will also get me a very nice add-on plane from a good publisher.

21 hours ago, eslader said:

I'd much rather them put more effort into the systems and charge me $20/30 more. The most maddening thing about the Phenom is that if you pay extra for the Navigraph extension, it actually breaks features of the G1000. That's a pretty unique marketing strategy; "The more you pay, the worse it works!"

Like the 350i probably the least appreciated plane in my hangar, and I've chosen those words for political correctness. However I do lie the Stationair it's better than the default C172.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Hi Folks,

Two rules of thumb with Alabeo and Carenado products - avoid Big Glass panels and FMC's - both will cause you nothing but frustration and hair loss - unless you're strictly a fly point A to B - without deviation - with default ATC... Their fancy navigation equipment is based off the default GPS and exhibits all the same defects and flaws that come with it... If you fly online or use realistic ATC - these are the wrong aircraft for you...

That said - following my above rule - I have a bunch of their aircraft that I like quite a bit... You want the ones that have been modified to support the third party navigation products by Bert and others - - - or - - - that natively support addon GPS products...

Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7