Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

8 hours ago, RioPilot said:

I wonder if that's merely a coincidence.

Photogrammetry works from sat, aerial and ground collected imagery (like Google car)

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

51 minutes ago, domkle said:

Photogrammetry works from sat, aerial and ground collected imagery (like Google car)

I thought photogrammetry works from aerial images only, taken by an aircraft which flies in a specific pattern around a specific area...

This is what I read, AI massaging uses ground images. For instance 

Photographs used for photogrammetry are capture from a special (metric) camera, a typical camera or from digital sensors. The images are captured and recorded from a tool fixed on a satellite, on an aircraft as well as helicopters, or on a tripod (terrestrial photogrammetry) which is set up and mounted on the ground.

https://medium.com/@nibtnashik/photogrammetry-surveying-its-benefits-drawbacks-afc47c34f1d7

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I don‘t know how they do it but the ground plans of the autogen houses we‘ve seen so far seem to be very accurate. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 hours ago, domkle said:

This isn’t traditional photogrammetry though. Aspen doesn’t have that coverage in Bing. 

You can tell those are generic, autogen buildings being shaped and placed over the ortho. Like the long white building to the left. In game it’s flat roofed with air conditioner units on it. In the sat photo, it’s pitched roof with nothing on it.

This isn’t just dropping overlays down. They’ve got some way to custom fit objects automatically to directly fit the size and shape of buildings so you don’t even see the base image underneath. It’s incredible.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I’m pretty sure the stall recovery video is filmed at Seattle (king airport can be seen at the final seconds on the left, Seward park to the right).  

Figari, Corsica, France

nFfOZaW.jpg

zcsV4K7.jpg

The airport is LFKF

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, aleex said:

’m pretty sure the stall recovery video is filmed at Seattle (king airport can be seen at the final seconds on the left, Seward park to the right). 

You're right.

Seattle, USA

87iMGmd.jpgWWYl6nL.jpg

Again, incredible!

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All my comparaison pics on the first page have disappeared, I don't know what happened...

7 hours ago, Noooch said:

All my comparaison pics on the first page have disappeared, I don't know what happened...

Just checked. They are still there.

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

16 hours ago, Noooch said:

Baltimore, USA

1568356826-ba2.jpg

1568356830-ba.jpg

As a Baltimore guy who has spent a lot of time trying to get the area looking really good in sims, this particular video made me really happy.

Good looking out, MS