Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza, Spain

YBnqn9l.jpgtVgT850.jpg

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

The Bordeaux comparaison is interesting, on satellite,  the grass is yellow like in summer but in the sim pic the grass is green like in spring... seasons?

21 minutes ago, Noooch said:

The Bordeaux comparaison is interesting, on satellite,  the grass is yellow like in summer but in the sim pic the grass is green like in spring... seasons?

Who ever knows.... they might have used different satellite imagery.

34 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I believe its color corrected.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:07 PM, Noooch said:

What annoys me in the Garonne pic, is the color of the river. I hope that all the silted rivers of the world will be a yellow brownish and not blue. If orthos don’t bring the right colors, what will ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Millau, France

Uw0OexX.jpg

wkopfCu.jpg

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 9/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, Noooch said:

Tekapo Lake, New Zealand

1568356837-tl2.jpg

1568356839-tl.jpg

I’ve been there in real life and when this came out I instantly recognised it.

Rich Holding

At this stage, I expect Microsoft will be satisfied to just provide us with the Bing PG Scanned (Photogrammetry scanned) cities, but, during the past few weeks I've been perusing the Google Earth PG scanned areas, and I would say there have been thousands of places scanned around the world, much, much more than the Bing data, also, the Bing PG scans of most of the cities doesn't usually include the suburbs, it tends to just be scans of the more central areas of these conurbations.

The google PG scans cover much wider areas, for instance, in the Appalachian Mountains areas there are loads of communities there that have been PG scanned by google.

Maybe when this new sim starts making a profit for Microsoft, then they could consider buying in the google PG Scanned data - to enrich the look of the built up areas. (villages, towns, cities etc)

I do not recall any announcements indicating that they would be using Bing.  Care to point me in that direction?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 hour ago, WarpD said:

I do not recall any announcements indicating that they would be using Bing.  Care to point me in that direction?

Bing is a Microsoft owned company, if you listen to the developers talking, they mention Bing imagery quite a lot.

Have a look on youtube videos.

Vigo, Spain (photogrammetry)

IPpKTqj.jpg

9styMXZ.jpg

• Upvote 2

I hope my home city Montreal along with other Canadian cities, will be Photogrammetry as well....

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

I hope my home city Montreal along with other Canadian cities, will be Photogrammetry as well....

It will be. Bing has photogrammetry for Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver and Victoria.