Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

8 hours ago, divide said:

The St Barth shot is unbelievable. How did they manage such a transform. The end result is really close to the real deal! 

petit-avion-a-l-atterrissage-a-l-aeropor

The water is the only aspect which doesn't match with the real photo or the sat imagery, it looks like they made common water colours instead of tropical water so the feeling is not quite the same. I am sure this will be adressed. Keep up the good work !

Edited by Noooch

Dunedin, USA

VsOtwz0.jpg

hqN710Y.jpg

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Although it's hard to see with the low res picture and the shadow from the clouds, they did an impressive job at unifying ground colors.

Edited by divide
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, divide said:

Although it's hard to see with the low res picture and the shadow from the clouds, they did an impressive job at unifying ground colors.

Based on what we've seen so far in general I agree. Azure’s colour correction does wonders. This screenshot however is a bit misleading as the divide (upper vs lower half) is the result of the poor draw distance in Bing Maps and has nothing to do with the actual imagery.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

38 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Based on what we've seen so far in general I agree. Azure’s colour correction does wonders.

Except for the Dubai image.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

14 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I assume you‘re referring to the beach. True. But I‘m sure that can be solved.

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

I assume you‘re referring to the beach. True. But I‘m sure that can be solved.

I’m pretty sure now that coastlines textures are out of alpha right now or those screenshots has some kind of offline mod.

Because on most of official images and trailers, sea and coastlines has better colors and photogrammetry textures

2 minutes ago, zalox said:

Asobo have access to another sat images instead of public Bing ones?

I can bet on that...

3 minutes ago, zalox said:

Asobo have access to another sat images instead of public Bing ones?

All the screenshots I’ve compared to Bing Maps so far have been identical, except for some tiny details in the Mont Blanc shot. Whether these differences are indeed because they used other imagery or a result of Azure‘s processing I cannot say.

• Upvote 1

Avachinsky, Kamchatka, Russia

Xa3TzLT.jpg

Jx1GIXc.jpg

• Like 2

Namib Naukluft Park, Namibia

jJrjiA7.jpgLuPvjRD.jpg

• Like 5

Shack, I am impressed  !

Impressed and pretty glad to see that we are going to fly what seems to be reasonably good Kamchatka and Namibia. At last !

Orbx, long ago , had a plan to finish their LC world coverage by all what is East of the Ural and North of Mongolia.  After OpenLC Asia. Enough said. It will never be done. 

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

24 minutes ago, domkle said:

glad to see that we are going to fly what seems to be reasonably good Kamchatka and Namibia. At last !

Me too. Bing's Namibia imagery is actually very good, Kamchatka only in parts. I've been hoping to see Kamchatka since the beginning of the updates. I'm really looking forward to exploring that corner of the earth.      

• Upvote 1

Marseilles, France

sZqYD8Y.jpgYseCbct.jpg

Could these be AI ships?

• Like 3