Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

36 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Just google it. It is insane. 

I'm a bit torn on it though. On the one hand it is so breathtaking that I could see it still admired as an architectural marvel in 400 years.

On the other hand it looks not even remotely like its architecture belongs into the year 2007, or whatever 15th Century year the muslim calendar that is.

Imagine someone building a new cathedral and choosing to build it completely in gothic style. I would consider that bad taste and a lack of imagination.

Architecture of sacral buildings has evolved, so why would someone build a mosque in a style that was modern 1300 years ago?

Here is what I mean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faisal_Mosque#/media/File:The_Shah_Faisal_Mosque,_Islamabad.jpg

That is a mosque that looks like it belongs into the time it was build in.

If only our post modernist architects would take note. London is a collection of eye sores.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Mucker said:

If only our post modernist architects would take note. London is a collection of eye sores.

Couldn't agree more. That carphone walkie-talkie monstrosity would look better if it fell into the Thames. Hideous.

Edited by Jazz
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

58 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Couldn't agree more. That carphone walkie-talkie monstrosity would look better if it fell into the Thames. Hideous.

😅🤣 Stop!

18 hours ago, Mucker said:

Postmodernism is the worst or one of the worse trends in design and architecture. Things that make no sense, odd mashup of styles. Bothers me plenty.

Edited by Kpeters
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:59 PM, Farlis said:

Just google it. It is insane. 

I'm a bit torn on it though. On the one hand it is so breathtaking that I could see it still admired as an architectural marvel in 400 years.

On the other hand it looks not even remotely like its architecture belongs into the year 2007, or whatever 15th Century year the muslim calendar that is.

Imagine someone building a new cathedral and choosing to build it completely in gothic style. I would consider that bad taste and a lack of imagination.

Architecture of sacral buildings has evolved, so why would someone build a mosque in a style that was modern 1300 years ago?

Here is what I mean: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faisal_Mosque#/media/File:The_Shah_Faisal_Mosque,_Islamabad.jpg

That is a mosque that looks like it belongs into the time it was build in.

Amazing!

Funny isn't it. I'd say we are now coming back to the Art Deco style. 

It is difficult to combine your mostly old culture (building style doesn't adapt along the way), usually the rest does. But a building is mostly a ways to an end nowadays.. 

Victor Roos

over Mount Pavlof, Alaska, USA

yruApG3.jpgCaShiyg.jpg

o1OPM7S.jpgBevUh3s.jpg

• Like 5

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Gold Coast, Australia

hm3mOPB.jpgUIiz4Fb.png

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Farm Whitwater East Landing Strip, Namibia

74t04vY.jpgAPAejVE.jpg

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 4

near Lexington, Nebraska, USA

SQxKKlL.jpgNOjG2ky.jpg

• Like 3

FS20 will redraw the map of our flying  ! 

I think that Namibia is going to a favorite destination. Love also the pic of Nebraska which is a little boring today in OLC NA.  

Who would have thought that Namibia and Nebraska would become attractive places to fly 😋 !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Androy region, Madagascar

R2Z0u74.jpgCLqSx1G.png

• Like 1

Marignac, France

GlpNJuL.jpgdTcj7DN.png

• Like 2

Perth, Australia

Ek1652i.jpgU94XkiH.jpg

• Like 3