Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

37 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I fly around a lot in Austria and found a very nice spot covered by BING maps.

I wonder how they are going to solve that:

2Ueo4Og.png

The Bing web portfolio is not necessarily the entire Bing portfolio.

Then the AI job is to make sense of something out of numerous and various sources (big data). A clear case where its predicting power should (hopefully) make marvel.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

I fly around a lot in Austria and found a very nice spot covered by BING maps.

Funny! Got married at Lake Ossiach a couple of years ago. A couple of nice grass strips in the area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

The Bing web portfolio is not necessarily the entire Bing portfolio.

I hope so.

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Then the AI job is to make sense of something out of numerous and various sources (big data). A clear case where its predicting power should (hopefully) make marvel.

Yeah. I mean it's great what it does compared to randomly placed autogen we got right now, although it could be more accurate. Take @ArchStantons comment. It does weird things with some buildings.

1 hour ago, gunther said:

Funny! Got married at Lake Ossiach a couple of years ago. A couple of nice grass strips in the area.

I live in that area. Yeah, there are a lot of little strips and it's fun to fly beneath the mountains. LOKF, LOKN, LOKH and a really small but charming international LOWK. 😉

In case you own X-Plane, there are nice freeware sceneries for those airfields.

Hope you enjoyed your stay!

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

5 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I live in that area. Yeah, there are a lot of little strips and it's fun to fly beneath the mountains. LOKF, LOKN, LOKH and a really small but charming international LOWK.

Servus! Took my first ride in an aeroplane at LOKN, a looooong time ago, a SOCATA Ralley. Some fond memories!

10 minutes ago, gunther said:

Servus! Took my first ride in an aeroplane at LOKN, a looooong time ago, a SOCATA Ralley. Some fond memories!

Then this scenery might look familiar to you! 😄

9t69y6cdff751.png

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

7 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I hope so.

Yeah. I mean it's great what it does compared to randomly placed autogen we got right now, although it could be more accurate. Take @ArchStantons comment. It does weird things with some buildings.

Reconstructing landscapes with AI is not limited to building placement which doesn't indeed seem presently exempt of flaws (Re : Bangkok and Istanbul) but it is a new technological approach and AI main feature is, after all, its ability to learn. 

You example would be a litmus test of the competence of the blackshark.ai tool.  Searching form various other sources it should recreate the networks (roads, powerlines, rivers etc.), the villages under the clouds and colorize the B&W patch etc.  How will it do that should interesting to observe. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

Reconstructing landscapes with AI is not limited to building placement which doesn't indeed seem presently exempt of flaws (Re : Bangkok and Istanbul) but it is a new technological approach and AI main feature is, after all, its ability to learn. 

You example would be a litmus test of the competence of the blackshark.ai tool.  Searching form various other sources it should recreate the networks (roads, powerlines, rivers etc.), the villages under the clouds and colorize the B&W patch etc.  How will it do that should interesting to observe. 

Well, I guess in worst case we get the offline mode landclasses that we know from other sims - just with better looking autogen. It's fine anyway. I won't complain. But I hope they aim to improve even after release.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Then this scenery might look familiar to you! 😄

Indeed! Except there's a big tower missing up the top 😃

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gunther said:

Did you get any time to do any flying 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArchStanton said:

FlightSimulator_DLpdCQpvlB-2.jpg

La Paz, Bolivia    SLLP - El Alto

An unconvincing shot. I wonder whether this is the offline mode and where the tester scenery sliders are.  The Bing sat pic is rather good.  

Dominique

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

An unconvincing shot. I wonder whether this is the offline mode and where the tester scenery sliders are.  The Bing sat pic is rather good.  

Thing is the buildings in the right side are not vertically build in that pic but are going sideways. At least that's what it looks like.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Where in the world is this place?

It‘s the Richat Structure in Mauretania.

• Like 3

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2