Sign in to follow this  
AresOcana

X-Plane 11 demo runs fine but full version doesn´t

So, i recently decided that i wanted to purchase xplane 11, but before i decided to check the demo, since my sistem isn't particularly good for flight sims, or that's at least what i think. I ran the demo with medium-high ish graphics and it went fine, around 30-40 fps

Great! then i purchased xplane 11 via steam, and it recently finished downloading, so i boot it up and crashes when i load my flight. And that's basically what happens, the only way i made it run was putting everything on the worst possible setting, and it ran around 70 fps. But anytime i change anything, it crashes. I already tried rebooting my PC and disabling threaded optimization in the nvidia control panel.

These are my specs:

i7-6700

GTX 1060 6GB OC

8GB Ram 2400mhz

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:The same thing is going on with the demo now

Edited by AresOcana

Ares Ocaña

The demo is the same as the full version, so this shouldn't be happening. Try this:

Navigate to the X-Plane 11/Output/preferences folder, and delete the file named "X-Plane.prf". Start X-Plane again and it will rebuild the file. Sometimes this will fix odd crashing behavior. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Any Steam game that gives unexpected behavior -IMO that fits your situation since the demo ran fine- should have a file verifly run on it. I can no longer count on both hands how many times weird game behavior was corrected by a file verify. 

Make sure all your files are there. Go to your steam library mouse right click on X-Plane 11 you will get a menu and go to properties then click on verify integrity of game files. If your scenery does not look right go to custom scenery folder check your scenery.ini file and make sure everything is in the right order. There are many youtube videos about X-Plane 11 setup.