Sign in to follow this  
skip d

ISG1 Forum

Hi guys...

I figured that if I wanted to get a correct answer to my question,the this forum would be the logical choice

since there is a huge wealth of helpful info available. And just about every problem I've had since FS9 thru P3Dv4.5

I've been able to pick  from among all the helpful suggestions....with one or more being the correct solution.

Anyway....I just bought Ernie Alston's ISG1 set of gauges;dowloaded the ISG.64zip.     Extracting it reveals   isg187_x64. when this is opened I get isg1.gau.

Now I'm scratching my head...Where the heck does this go???  There's no "Read Me" file....and I'm stumped !!!

So I figure if I register at the ISG Forum....surely I'll get on the right track.....UH HUH !!!

I did all the primary personal stuff they required....and got a quick E-Mail saying they had received my application,

and an Administrator would be previewing it ,and send me an E-Mail. Well a week has gone by and haven't heard a peep.

So if any body can help me either to get onto their forum....or better yet...explain how I get these new gauges up and running....I'd be EXTREMELY appreciative !!

Thanks for reading a somewhat boring tale of dead ends.

Skip d

Hi

The isg1.gau gauge itself goes into your main gauges folder of P2D (or FSX for that matter) replacing the one that the original installer put there when you installed and registered the gauges package using your downloaded which would have the name ISG-FSX.exe, you will need to point the installer to your P3D root folder to install the base package though.

Jim Hodkinson

Just a quick edit.

When you run the installer you get for the update (v1.8.8 at the present time) point the installation to your root P3D v4 folder and all should go where it is supposed to, I had forgotten that this update is in the form of an installer and not just the files to copy and paste, sorry about that.

Jim Hodkinson

Jim....Thanks for the info....

Sorry it took so long to reply...my wife made me go with her to see Yellowstone Nat'l Park....just now getting back to Va.

and getting rid of jet and bus lag !!!

I was able to contact Ernie and he sent me a revision to my panel.cfg file. I put his revision in....but nothing happened.

No change to the A321 PFD.

I sent him this info....but he has not responded since Mon. (I think he must be really busy)

I read the tutorial he offers on the forum...but got no positive result there either...

Any suggestions....(or just be patient and hope Ernie can help??)

Skip d