Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Airport Code Please For FSX???

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Does anybody know what airport code is used for FSX default Denai Camp base used for one of FSX missions? I want to take off from that base.

Thanks,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Denali, Alaska Base camp strip.

I suggested at another site to use the Mission and sit on the runway at that site, then use map/GPS to see if it indicates and airstrip with an IACO code.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 hours ago, charliearon said:

Denali, Alaska Base camp strip.

I suggested at another site to use the Mission and sit on the runway at that site, then use map/GPS to see if it indicates and airstrip with an IACO code.

I tried that before  Did not work

signCopy.jpg

It is not AK06

It is called Denai Camp Base mission which is to fly to snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains. I need airport code for that runway so that I can take off from it

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

To my knowledge, there are some unofficial "ideal" landing spots on various mountain ranges, but technically there is no "airport" with an official designation "on" Mount Denali. The highest airports in FS9/FSX are listed here:

http://www.simtours.net/highestairports.php

Again, to the best of my knowledge, If you want to use that landing strip in the mission you need to fly the mission, its the only way to get that landing strip. Missions add various simulated scenery areas and/or features for the sake of simulated adventure and immersion.

There may have been a freeware designer who did make the scenery you seek, and the Avsim or other DL library may have such a file, maybe try a search. 

• Like 1

Do you use Little Navmap? Perhaps place yourself there and see what information that gives you.

Edited by Ian S

Ian S

38.jpg

14 hours ago, pracines said:

There may have been a freeware designer who did make the scenery you seek, and the Avsim or other DL library may have such a file, maybe try a search. 

Who is designer please?

signCopy.jpg

5 hours ago, Ian S said:

Do you use Little Navmap? Perhaps place yourself there and see what information that gives you.

How? Have never tried Navmap

signCopy.jpg

Thanks all for kind answers

PATK is airport that is for departing airport for fllight to snow runway on 14,000 ft Denai mountains. I am looking for airport code for FSX's snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains that FSX uses ski plane for Denai Camp Base mission so that I can have fun taking off from that snow runway at 14,000 ft high using ski plane

In real life, DHC-3 or C206 with skis and wheels fly tour packages from PATK to snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains and back

Thought it would be nice to recreate that in FSX!!

signCopy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Aharon said:

How? Have never tried Navmap

https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

It's an excellent tool for all aspects of navigation. if you position yourself where you want to be, the interface will tell you a lot of information.

Ian S

38.jpg

Ian,

That looks too tough for me to figure out   HHAHAHAH

Coordinates are about:N62° 49' 23.80",W151° 8' 0.29"

It looks like that Ray found the right snow runway for Delina Base Camp on 14,000 ft high Alaskan mountain as this photo with red mark based on his coordinations.

NOW the question is how to find that in FSX and take off from that!!!  Assuming that FSX offers same ground terrains as this photo

snow.jpg

signCopy.jpg

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

Who is designer please?

I said there may have been a designer...

I did not say IS a designer.

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

....NOW the question is how to find that in FSX and take off from that!!!  Assuming that FSX offers same ground terrains as this photo..

Regarding the position, you can just input the lat and long coordinates, plus altitude & airpseed if you wish within the default map screen.

I cannot vouch for the sim terrain at the specific position - that would depend upon what scenery add-ons you may have installed..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)