Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Airport Code Please For FSX???

6 hours ago, Aharon said:

Thanks all for kind answers

PATK is airport that is for departing airport for fllight to snow runway on 14,000 ft Denai mountains. I am looking for airport code for FSX's snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains that FSX uses ski plane for Denai Camp Base mission so that I can have fun taking off from that snow runway at 14,000 ft high using ski plane

In real life, DHC-3 or C206 with skis and wheels fly tour packages from PATK to snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains and back

Thought it would be nice to recreate that in FSX!!

Aharon, I just watched a YouTube video of someone flying that mission and it doesn’t appear that it’s an actual airport which is why you can’t find an ICAO code for it. When the mission was designed they just placed a point for you to fly to and land, which doesn’t have to be an actual airport.

To make it easy on yourself to practice loading the sim at that location just do the following.

Load the mission in FSX and either fly the mission and land at the base camp or load the mission and slew yourself to the base camp and position the plane next to the tents. Once you’ve put the aircraft where you want it, save the flight at that spot, but don’t save it as a default flight. Then in the future when you want to fly from there just load that flight and it will start where you last left the plane. From there you can pause the sim and change aircraft if you want.

I think this would be the easiest way for you to accomplish what your trying to do.

Be aware though, after watching the video of that mission, it appears to be on a slope and the person who made the video had a hard time keeping the aircraft from sliding down the hill.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The other thing you can do is to open the Missons\Backcountry\Denali folder in FSX, then open the Denali.PLN file in notepad.

That might give you some useful coordinates.

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks all for kind advices and comments.  I think I have figured it out.  I looked at the FSX map in the flight plan preparation and drew a path along the glacier from PATK so will try to make flight from my homemade flight plan!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

18 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

position the plane next to the tents.

Wait wait  there are FSX default tents there??? THAT IS COOL

BTW,  your ideas are also cool too.

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Hi,

when you open the Denali.PLN file in notepad, you can take a look at the flight plan, it has all the information you need. You can use the map window, input the coordinates of the Base Camp and you will be transported there

<ATCWaypoint id="Base Camp">
            <ATCWaypointType>User</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N62° 58' 4.14",W151° 10' 7.38",+004500.00</WorldPosition>
            <Descr>Base Camp</Descr>
        </ATCWaypoint>

I think that the tents are only there when you run the mission. You would have to bring your own tent...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

OK, using Oliver's exact coordinates from the Mission, this is what it will look like....probably not what you are expecting.

Denali Base camp.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

41 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, using Oliver's exact coordinates from the Mission, this is what it will look like....probably not what you are expecting.

Hi,

I have no idea what it looks like when the mission is running, but that is the place from the flight plan.

As I said, you probably have to bring your own tent (using an app here) 😀 

48666273267_18876b9429_z.jpg

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, Aharon said:

Wait wait  there are FSX default tents there??? THAT IS COOL

BTW,  your ideas are also cool too.

Regards,

Aharon

The tents only show up when your doing the mission. By default they are not there and you’d have to add them as Lorbi suggested.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks a zillion to Charliearon, Lorby SI and Cmobelllsjc for more great ideas!!!!!

Now I got specific coordination and problem solved!!!!

Oh well  the problem is 99 percent solved. 

I wish Lorby SI would tell us how to get camping tents for FSX for that specific spot on 14,000 ft high Denali mountains   🙂 🙂

And GREAT SCREENSHOTS both of you showed!

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon

signCopy.jpg

4 hours ago, Aharon said:

I wish Lorby SI would tell us how to get camping tents for FSX for that specific spot on 14,000 ft high Denali mountains 

I applied the technique with the flight plan that I described to jump to the spot and just dropped a few tents around me, using a separate app. If you want to know more, please send me a PM here.

The tents are how I stumbled into this thread in the first place. A while ago a fellow simmer asked me about how to place tents into the sim world at runtime. I think that he was bush flying and wanted to always have a tent with him. I made a couple for him, using the models that are present in the sim. So when browsing this thread, the bit about "tents" caught my eye...

Best regards

LORBY-SI

18 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I think that he was bush flying and wanted to always have a tent with him. I made a couple for him, using the models that are present in the sim.

Lorby_SI,

That is amazing programming feat!!! I am too afraid to pull this programming feat in my FSX using your special APP.    hhahahahahah

Maybe based on your amazing specific enclosed coordinates for Denali camp base, somebody would make freeware FSX scenery with airport code for Denali camp base with few tents, few static AI planes, and two rows of red barrels to indicate runway on 14,000 ft Denali mountain.

lol  lol

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

That is amazing programming feat!!!

No it isn't. The simulator has an API specifically for this kind of thing - SimConnect. The app in question is one of my payware addons, but I am pretty sure that I am not allowed to say which one on AVSIM. That is the whole reason for the secrecy. It is neither difficult nor amazing.

As for the scenery development - why don't you do it yourself? Might be fun! All you need is the AirportDesignEditor (ADE).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hello,

I have converted the objects from the mission's SPB to a BGL real quick. I'm not sure that this is all of them, but the cones and tents are visible. You can drop the BGL into any active scenery folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9suc4xye03wp5f/denali_scen.zip?dl=0

Easiest way to find the spot is to open the flight planner and to load the flight plan from the mission \Missions\Backcountry\Denali\Denali.pln - then follow it, or use the map to move your aircraft to the end of the path

48689186188_f54a58e8bb_c.jpg

48689186178_8b5a5e862f_c.jpg

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello,

I have converted the objects from the mission's SPB to a BGL real quick. I'm not sure that this is all of them, but the cones and tents are visible. You can drop the BGL into any active scenery folder.

Shalom Lorby_SI,

Thanks a zillion for your amazing kindness!!  Am I correct that I should put your BGL file into FSX/Addon Scenery/scenery?  I just want to make sure I am doing right thing.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg