Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Airport Code Please For FSX???

As long as you have FSX/Addon Scenery activated in your Scenery Library.. yes!

Bert

6 hours ago, Aharon said:

Shalom Lorby_SI,

Thanks a zillion for your amazing kindness!!  Am I correct that I should put your BGL file into FSX/Addon Scenery/scenery?  I just want to make sure I am doing right thing.

Regards,

Aharon

Hello Aharon,

if it is part of your scenery library, then yes. FSX\scenery\world\scenery is a good spot too.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

@Lorby_SI,

Quick questions before I install your Denali Camp base scenery please

Does your camp base scenery have airport code?  Also, will your camp base scenery show up in GPS?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

22 minutes ago, Aharon said:

@Lorby_SI,

Quick questions before I install your Denali Camp base scenery please

Does your camp base scenery have airport code?  Also, will your camp base scenery show up in GPS? 

Regards,

Aharon

Hello Aharon,

no and no.

This is only a scenery bgl that contains the same static objects as the Denali mission. I have a tool that can convert the mission SPB file into a BGL.

If you want it in the GPS, got to PATK and load the flight plan from the mission, as I wrote above. The point where the flight plan ends is the base camp. With the plan loaded, you will see that route on the in-sim map too, so you can just open it, and drag your aircraft to the end of the flight path.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Aharon said:

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon,

In addition to what Lorbi said, you could use the coordinates of the base camp to make a dummy AFCAD/ADE airport file and come of with your own ICAO code for it. If you download ADE from ScruffyDuck it has instructions on how to create an airport, in this case one that doesn’t exist. I’ve used it to create helipad locations for hospitals and stuff that aren’t in FSX but now show up in the GPS since I created an airport file for it.

If you want the base camp to show up in GPS as an airport, that would be the easiest way as far as I know. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

21 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

f you want it in the GPS, got to PATK and load the flight plan from the mission, as I wrote above. The point where the flight plan ends is the base camp. With the plan loaded, you will see that route on the in-sim map too

Lorby SI,

Thanks for great tip.  I totally forgot that you already told me that in your previous post.  LOL   Sorry

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

19 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Aharon,

In addition to what Lorbi said, you could use the coordinates of the base camp to make a dummy AFCAD/ADE airport file and come of with your own ICAO code for it. If you download ADE from ScruffyDuck it has instructions on how to create an airport, in this case one that doesn’t exist. I’ve used it to create helipad locations for hospitals and stuff that aren’t in FSX but now show up in the GPS since I created an airport file for it.

If you want the base camp to show up in GPS as an airport, that would be the easiest way as far as I know. 

Cmpbellsjc,

I wish I have programming talents but my simple talents lie within creating beautiful screenshots of FSX flights to entertain all of you and I leave programming or repainting skills to others.

Smiling

Thanks for great ideas.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Being armed with great advices, tips, and ideas from all kind people who replied to my questions in this thread, I think I will be ready for first flight sometime this week to Denali Camp base using SKI VERSION of Jahn model C-47/DC-3 with Reeve Aleutian Airways livery or should I use C206!!!  Smiling

Check out this link about the pilot who was first to land on Denali mouuntains:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Sheldon

Should be fun

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon

signCopy.jpg

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

Being armed with great advices, tips, and ideas from all kind people who replied to my questions in this thread, I think I will be ready for first flight sometime this week to Denali Camp base using SKI VERSION of Jahn model C-47/DC-3 with Reeve Aleutian Airways livery or should I use C206!!!  Smiling

Check out this link about the pilot who was first to land on Denali mouuntains:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Sheldon

Should be fun

Regards,

Aharon

Hello Aharon,

make sure to fly in visual conditions. Following the flight plan in low visibility will bring you in sudden and unwanted contact with a mountain... even when you are at 8500 feet as specified in the mission. The Denali base camp is at 11.200ft, and the medical camp is at 14.600ft. 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

8 hours ago, Aharon said:

Cmpbellsjc,

I wish I have programming talents but my simple talents lie within creating beautiful screenshots of FSX flights to entertain all of you and I leave programming or repainting skills to others.

Smiling

Thanks for great ideas.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon,

What I was suggesting doesn’t require any programming or special knowledge. Don’t sell yourself short on knowledge or brain power. If your able to figure out how to plan a flight, fly the plane to the destination, then your surely competent enough to make an ADE/AFCAD file by following directions that come with ADE.

I have no programming skills or painting skills either. Maybe you just don’t have the interest or desire to learn how to make an ADE because I’m sure most people here, including you, are more than capable of doing it. The bright side to that is you’ll have one less thing to have to rely on others to do for you. If you want to add parking spaces, airline codes or make other mods to an airport, you can most likely complete the tasks in less time than it requires to making a post to ask someone to do it for you, assuming that someone will indeed do it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I’m the tent carrying bush pilot 😋😄

amazing app, love it. Beach the floatplane, pop a tent up, start camp fire, and call it home for the night 🔥 

and useing the app allows starting the next day in the exact position the aircraft was left (and state) in. ✈️ 

Luke Pype

27 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

Beach the floatplane

Btw. I have another little app that I made a while ago that lets you anchor your floating plane to a spot on the water. It is freeware, but I haven't bothered setting it up for download. I figured that there aren't many people who'd need it.... Send me a PM if you would like to have it (and for what simulator).

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the offer Oliver, it sounds useful.

Im away from the PC atm, but will drop you a PM when I get back.

Thanks again.

Luke Pype

22 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

even when you are at 8500 feet as specified in the mission. The Denali base camp is at 11.200ft, and the medical camp is at 14.600ft.

@Lorby_SI,   thanks for great tips.  Your provided freeware BGL scenery is for the base camp at 11,200 ft, not not not medical camp at 14,600 ft  Right?

15 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Maybe you just don’t have the interest or desire to learn how to make an ADE

@cmpbellsjc,  It is not question of interest or desire to make an ADE.  In addition to real life obligations plus hobby of FSX flight simming flying hours, I have 45,000 screenshots waiting for me to edit, research, and publish on various aviation forums including Avsim forums right here. Not easy to balance between those three especially I am way way behind and being drown in piles of  waiting 45,000 screenshots that I made past 2 years!! I need to focus on that hence me leaving ADE programming stunts to others no matter if ADE programming stunts are as easy as 2 pus 2 equals four.

Smiling

7 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

amazing app, love it. Beach the floatplane, pop a tent up, start camp fire, and call it home for the night 🔥 and useing the app allows starting the next day in the exact position the aircraft was left (and state) in

@MaDDogz,  where are your screenshots for that??  :)  :)  

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg