Aharon

Airport Code Please For FSX???

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Does anybody know what airport code is used for FSX default Denai Camp base used for one of FSX missions? I want to take off from that base.

Thanks,

Aharon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Denali, Alaska Base camp strip.

I suggested at another site to use the Mission and sit on the runway at that site, then use map/GPS to see if it indicates and airstrip with an IACO code.

5 hours ago, charliearon said:

Denali, Alaska Base camp strip.

I suggested at another site to use the Mission and sit on the runway at that site, then use map/GPS to see if it indicates and airstrip with an IACO code.

I tried that before  Did not work

It is not AK06

It is called Denai Camp Base mission which is to fly to snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains. I need airport code for that runway so that I can take off from it

Regards,

Aharon

To my knowledge, there are some unofficial "ideal" landing spots on various mountain ranges, but technically there is no "airport" with an official designation "on" Mount Denali. The highest airports in FS9/FSX are listed here:

http://www.simtours.net/highestairports.php

Again, to the best of my knowledge, If you want to use that landing strip in the mission you need to fly the mission, its the only way to get that landing strip. Missions add various simulated scenery areas and/or features for the sake of simulated adventure and immersion.

There may have been a freeware designer who did make the scenery you seek, and the Avsim or other DL library may have such a file, maybe try a search. 

• Like 1

Do you use Little Navmap? Perhaps place yourself there and see what information that gives you.

Edited by Ian S

14 hours ago, pracines said:

There may have been a freeware designer who did make the scenery you seek, and the Avsim or other DL library may have such a file, maybe try a search. 

Who is designer please?

5 hours ago, Ian S said:

Do you use Little Navmap? Perhaps place yourself there and see what information that gives you.

How? Have never tried Navmap

Thanks all for kind answers

PATK is airport that is for departing airport for fllight to snow runway on 14,000 ft Denai mountains. I am looking for airport code for FSX's snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains that FSX uses ski plane for Denai Camp Base mission so that I can have fun taking off from that snow runway at 14,000 ft high using ski plane

In real life, DHC-3 or C206 with skis and wheels fly tour packages from PATK to snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains and back

Thought it would be nice to recreate that in FSX!!

Ian,

That looks too tough for me to figure out   HHAHAHAH

Coordinates are about:N62° 49' 23.80",W151° 8' 0.29"

It looks like that Ray found the right snow runway for Delina Base Camp on 14,000 ft high Alaskan mountain as this photo with red mark based on his coordinations.

NOW the question is how to find that in FSX and take off from that!!!  Assuming that FSX offers same ground terrains as this photo

snow.jpg

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

Who is designer please?

I said there may have been a designer...

I did not say IS a designer.

1 hour ago, Aharon said:

....NOW the question is how to find that in FSX and take off from that!!!  Assuming that FSX offers same ground terrains as this photo..

Regarding the position, you can just input the lat and long coordinates, plus altitude & airpseed if you wish within the default map screen.

I cannot vouch for the sim terrain at the specific position - that would depend upon what scenery add-ons you may have installed..

6 hours ago, Aharon said:

Thanks all for kind answers

PATK is airport that is for departing airport for fllight to snow runway on 14,000 ft Denai mountains. I am looking for airport code for FSX's snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains that FSX uses ski plane for Denai Camp Base mission so that I can have fun taking off from that snow runway at 14,000 ft high using ski plane

In real life, DHC-3 or C206 with skis and wheels fly tour packages from PATK to snow runway on 14,000 ft high Denai mountains and back

Thought it would be nice to recreate that in FSX!!

Aharon, I just watched a YouTube video of someone flying that mission and it doesn’t appear that it’s an actual airport which is why you can’t find an ICAO code for it. When the mission was designed they just placed a point for you to fly to and land, which doesn’t have to be an actual airport.

To make it easy on yourself to practice loading the sim at that location just do the following.

Load the mission in FSX and either fly the mission and land at the base camp or load the mission and slew yourself to the base camp and position the plane next to the tents. Once you’ve put the aircraft where you want it, save the flight at that spot, but don’t save it as a default flight. Then in the future when you want to fly from there just load that flight and it will start where you last left the plane. From there you can pause the sim and change aircraft if you want.

I think this would be the easiest way for you to accomplish what your trying to do.

Be aware though, after watching the video of that mission, it appears to be on a slope and the person who made the video had a hard time keeping the aircraft from sliding down the hill.

The other thing you can do is to open the Missons\Backcountry\Denali folder in FSX, then open the Denali.PLN file in notepad.

That might give you some useful coordinates.

Thanks all for kind advices and comments.  I think I have figured it out.  I looked at the FSX map in the flight plan preparation and drew a path along the glacier from PATK so will try to make flight from my homemade flight plan!

Regards,

Aharon

18 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

position the plane next to the tents.

Wait wait  there are FSX default tents there??? THAT IS COOL

BTW,  your ideas are also cool too.

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon

Hi,

when you open the Denali.PLN file in notepad, you can take a look at the flight plan, it has all the information you need. You can use the map window, input the coordinates of the Base Camp and you will be transported there

<ATCWaypoint id="Base Camp">
            <ATCWaypointType>User</ATCWaypointType>
            <WorldPosition>N62° 58' 4.14",W151° 10' 7.38",+004500.00</WorldPosition>
            <Descr>Base Camp</Descr>
        </ATCWaypoint>

I think that the tents are only there when you run the mission. You would have to bring your own tent...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

OK, using Oliver's exact coordinates from the Mission, this is what it will look like....probably not what you are expecting.

Denali Base camp.JPG

41 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, using Oliver's exact coordinates from the Mission, this is what it will look like....probably not what you are expecting.

Hi,

I have no idea what it looks like when the mission is running, but that is the place from the flight plan.

As I said, you probably have to bring your own tent (using an app here) 😀 

48666273267_18876b9429_z.jpg

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aharon said:

Wait wait  there are FSX default tents there??? THAT IS COOL

BTW,  your ideas are also cool too.

Regards,

Aharon

The tents only show up when your doing the mission. By default they are not there and you’d have to add them as Lorbi suggested.

Thanks a zillion to Charliearon, Lorby SI and Cmobelllsjc for more great ideas!!!!!

Now I got specific coordination and problem solved!!!!

Oh well  the problem is 99 percent solved. 

I wish Lorby SI would tell us how to get camping tents for FSX for that specific spot on 14,000 ft high Denali mountains   🙂 🙂

And GREAT SCREENSHOTS both of you showed!

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon