Sign in to follow this  
sdenton

Serial ATA

I re installed windows 10 can't find a driver for it any where, went to Dell it said was o k ?? the guy at the store said I did not need it at all!!! Also check with alienware they scan it said every thing o k ???  Thanks for any help

Edited by sdenton

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

A driver for what exactly? For a SATA drive, Windows 10 has native support, so not needed, unlke Windows XP.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

last two times I put FSX in it runs ok with disk 1 and 2 but 3rd out I have a lot of trouble and when it boots up I get the blue screen and thats is all it will do I have re in stall windows 10 about 10 times in the last few days    

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Seems to me that you have a cable or drive problem. Leave drive 3 out of the system and run it for a while. 

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

15 hours ago, sdenton said:

last two times I put FSX in it runs ok with disk 1 and 2 but 3rd out I have a lot of trouble and when it boots up I get the blue screen and thats is all it will do I have re in stall windows 10 about 10 times in the last few days    

Firstly, check that disk 3 isn't damaged or scratched. Some drives are very sensitive to slight marks or dirt on the disk. If the disk is clean, it could be a problem with your CR-ROM drive. Try cleaning the drive with a cleaning disk or see if you can get a USB CD-ROM drive to try. New drives (internal or external) are very inexpensive now if you need to replace the drive. If all else fails, get the Steam edition of FSX (equivalent to the Gold boxed edition - Deluxe + Acceleration) which is better and easier to install than the disk version.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Sorry, my last post must have originated from another planet.

Yes, make sure disc 3 is clean. What kind of trouble did it give you? Did it finally install, or did you give up on it? In any event, nothing should have happened that would make you need to reinstall Windows. By blue screen, do you mean the Windows stop screen? Affectionately known as BSOD. If so there should have been a stop code that might tell us what the problem is. After you reinstall Windows, does it run OK before you try to install FSX? If not, what source are you using to reinstall. You might need to use a version from Microsoft, rather than a version from your built-in Windows.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I got it in stalled I did use a program called Driver Update Pro it is really good and they really great customer service,they even called me and got that driver install.There is one hold up on it anti malware does not like it at all ?? I could not find any in it.......