Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Please add a reset / restart option

On 9/27/2019 at 4:12 PM, FS++ said:

You may want to read this thread and see if adjusting the [PACE] value in mce.ini makes any difference

I tried with values 0, 200, 1000 and 4000. Made no difference. There is a pretty much exactly 10 seconds delay before and after a voxkey command with any of these values.

I also tested to insert a pause before and after the voxkey commands. That pause was then added to the ten seconds delay.

One more thought: Not all Voxkey commands seem to be affected. I noticed that the delay always occurs with commands that open a window. The GSX menu, the UGCX menu, the green message line (e.g. messages by UTL when increasing or decreasing the traffic). Maybe that is the reason? MCE starts reading these windows and that is what leads to the delay, not the Voxkey command itself?

Edited by RALF9636

22 hours ago, fyase said:

Hi Gerald,

on my RIG even with the last version I found some slo down. Performing this flow:

[SCRIPT]
parking brake on
slats retract
spoilers down
battery on

Notify=cockpit to ground
cockpit to ground
Pause=4
Notify=ground connect ground power
ground connect ground power
Pause=3
ground power on
Notify=standby for systems to power up
Pause=80
system display clear
check fire detection
Pause=5

There was a very long, more the 10 seconds, when performing each of this two commands

I dind't try in deep on a complete flight beacuse I running out of time. I'll try again soom and report back.

Raffaele

No worries.

Will be looked at next week.

9 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I tried with values 0, 200, 1000 and 4000. Made no difference. There is a pretty much exactly 10 seconds delay before and after a voxkey command with any of these values.

I also tested to insert a pause before and after the voxkey commands. That pause was then added to the ten seconds delay.

One more thought: Not all Voxkey commands seem to be affected. I noticed that the delay always occurs with commands that open a window. The GSX menu, the UGCX menu, the green message line (e.g. messages by UTL when increasing or decreasing the traffic). Maybe that is the reason? MCE starts reading these windows and that is what leads to the delay, not the Voxkey command itself?

I suggest you send all your custom flows as well as the Voxkey profile for prepar3D.to support at your earliest convenience.

21 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I ran the same script with GSX disabled - so no GSX menu opening - but that made no difference. So MCE trying to read the window probably is not the cause of the delay.

I sent you an email with my files.

Edited by RALF9636

On 9/29/2019 at 12:17 PM, RALF9636 said:

I ran the same script with GSX disabled - so no GSX menu opening - but that made no difference. So MCE trying to read the window probably is not the cause of the delay.

I sent you an email with my files.

Thanks for sending the files. It proved very useful in seeing behavior inside the debugger.

Must admit, rarely do testing with Voxkey commands injected into flows.

Download this single file

Unzip and manually replace "mce.exe" to bring it to V2.8.0.6

To everyone else, only use this file if you've already installed MCE V2.8.0.5 for FSX/Prepar3D

Wow, seems I need to put some pauses into my scripts; I can't keep up with my FO anymore. 🙂

Looking very good. From 90 seconds down to 15 seconds for the execution of the script I use for testing!

But let me do a couple of complete flights to see if my FO gets overwhelmed by his own speed at some point... 😉

I will report back.

3 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Wow, seems I need to put some pauses into my scripts; I can't keep up with my FO anymore. 🙂

😀😄

Indeed, if he wasn't constrained by built-in "behavior check", he could be all over the place, even dialing SPD, HDG, ALT at the same time.

For instance, try this.

"set flight level two five zero".

While he's dialing the altitude, ask "set heading two twenty" or whatever other dialing task.

You'll notice, because his hand is tied with first request (which may take 30 seconds), he'll queue the second request in his head, and perform it only when he's done with first one.

Other things that very few users are aware of.

Let's say you wanted him to set heading 310, and for some reason, speech engine picked up the wrong value (perhaps 210) or made a mistake yourself when you spoke it.

While he's dialing, just say "correction three one zero" and he would not only know you're referring to heading, but also correct dialing on the fly, so you don't have to wait until he dials the wrong one and ask him again to dial the correct value.

A "cancel that" (while FO is still dialing) command following a command to dial something, resets the bug to original value

There are all sorts of built-in pauses into the system so that Fo doesn't trigger switches or their covers like a madman.

Just to correct myself, the pace value related to Voxkey refers to those Voxkey commands that are looping many times. Like , send "CTRL + H" 6 times in a row with one command. It didn't apply in this case.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, FS++ said:

Thanks for sending the files. It proved very useful in seeing behavior inside the debugger.

Must admit, rarely do testing with Voxkey commands injected into flows.

Download this single file

Unzip and manually replace "mce.exe" to bring it to V2.8.0.6

To everyone else, only use this file if you've already installed MCE V2.8.0.5 for FSX/Prepar3D

On a quick test it fix all the issue on my rig as well.

Thanks

Raffaele

9 hours ago, fyase said:

On a quick test it fix all the issue on my rig as well.

Thanks

Raffaele

Excellent!

V2.8.0.6 appears to be good for release in a few days.

• Upvote 1

After four complete flights (with the FSL A320, using PF3) with 2.8.0.6 I am happy to say that this a massive step forward.

MCE has never been that quick, and it is perfectly reliable. I didn't have any issue on my four flights, no delay, no hang, no skipped commands. Everything went perfect.

Great!

Gerald, i really hate to say this, but i have several issues with the latest update.

1. I can´t hear my FO responding for several times. I start up MCE, as Admin of Course, i´ve said "you have the Radios" and FO responds "Ok, will handle the Radio from now on" and then suddenly if i ask "request atc clearance" FO said "sure, you ca...…..." and then silence. The FO is still there, because when i say "Departure checklist", for instance, FO doesn´t respond verbaly but in the MCE window title i can see the green text "checklist reading in Progress". It´s not an Audio issue only, because if i tell the FO he shall request whatever from ATC, i can´t hear the FO and atc (PF3) isn´t responding. I Need to Restart MCE and then my FO is back.

2. at final Approach my FO constantly repeat "localizer alive, glideslope alive, glideslope captured…..localizer alive, glideslope alive, glideslope captured….localizer alive, glideslope alive, glideslope captured...localizer alive, glideslope alive, glideslope captured". until we touch the runway. Very Anoying.

3. several weird callouts are made, like "Transition altitude" at an FL150. I´ve set in MCE 5000 ft. for Transition as ususal in Germany. Seems my FO think we´re in the united states.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

2 hours ago, BerndB said:

Gerald, i really hate to say this, but i have several issues with the latest update.

1. I can´t hear my FO responding for several times. I start up MCE, as Admin of Course, i´ve said "you have the Radios" and FO responds "Ok, will handle the Radio from now on" and then suddenly if i ask "request atc clearance" FO said "sure, you ca...…..." and then silence. The FO is still there, because when i say "Departure checklist", for instance, FO doesn´t respond verbaly but in the MCE window title i can see the green text "checklist reading in Progress". It´s not an Audio issue only, because if i tell the FO he shall request whatever from ATC, i can´t hear the FO and atc (PF3) isn´t responding. I Need to Restart MCE and then my FO is back.

2. at final Approach my FO constantly repeat "localizer alive, glideslope alive, glideslope captured…..localizer alive, glideslope alive, glideslope captured….localizer alive, glideslope alive, glideslope captured...localizer alive, glideslope alive, glideslope captured". until we touch the runway. Very Anoying.

3. several weird callouts are made, like "Transition altitude" at an FL150. I´ve set in MCE 5000 ft. for Transition as ususal in Germany. Seems my FO think we´re in the united states.

This is a completely different issue, not related to changes made pertaining to initial issue raised in this thread.

Regarding weird stuff...

MCE itself ("mce.exe") is compiled to always run as admin, therefore, no need for run as admin or set the file property to run as such.

Most importantly, when Windows UAC is enabled ( and we don't recommend disabling it), you MUST install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder AND set the simulator exe (Prepar3D.exe and/or FSX.exe) to run as administrator. Not required for FSX Steam because that app is also compiled to always run as admin

That way, data can flow between the 2 apps smoothly. Among those, reading SPD, HDG, LOC glide state etc...

As for the voice going off, it can very occasionally happen. And here is the explanation.

Each recorded co-pilot voice pack has about 4500+ recordings.

In order to offer variations in speech (to make it less predictable), depending on the request, Fo would need to play 1, 2, or even 5 recordings in sequence.

Since MCE is multi-threaded, there is a chance, another thread also needs to play audio (say monitoring and call-outs thread, or FO handling ATC for another app like PF3) tries to output its own sequence of recorded audio, and as a result, you could get incomprehensible speech like

Roger, hydraulic pump, cleared for takeoff, switched on, speedbird 137 😄

Therefore, before Fo utters anything, he needs to acquire a lock (or wait until it;s available), play the correct sequence of recorded audio and only release when done.

If for some reason, the lock isn't released, then all audio output will fail because no thread can acquire the lock anymore and restart is the only option. 

There could be close to a thousand or more  of these Locks, play record 4523, play record 2310, play record 1120, unlock sequences spread all over the place.

We'll have to check the whole app to see if there is a case of unreleased lock somewhere. You never know.

Just confirm which aircraft this happened with, because there are code paths that only apply to specific complex aircraft. Thanks

11 hours ago, FS++ said:

This is a completely different issue, not related to changes made pertaining to initial issue raised in this thread.

Regarding weird stuff...

Hi Gerald, i know, but you asked me in another thread (about an annoying pong sound) to raise any complaints about the new update in this thread, and you know we Germans are examined to do what we are told to do.😋

Anyway, those issues are happen unexpected to me too, because i´am using MCE for long time on any flight in exactly the same environment without those weird behavior. The issue 1 i could live with at least, but i thought it´s may be something to know, because it´s new to me and happend never before unless i installed the new version.

Much more strange is the issue 2 and 3 because this is very annoying and this also happens to my MCE the very first time after using the latest update and never before. 

I´am using only JEEHELL FMGS which uses the Project Airbus A32x as aircraft and flightmodel, because i´am using a A320 homecockpit and P3D is only the visual engine. I´am not using any aircraft specific flows or else within MCE, except my own Checklist because i don´t need flows. The job for my MCE-FO is only to handle all the ATC stuff in conjunction with PF3 and read down the checklists, while i´am the PF. This worked perfectly in the past unless i updated to the actual version. And i´am using TTS Cereproc voices for the FO.

And so my own a logical conclusion is, that there is something different in the new version which maybe wasn´t meant to be different. 😉 

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

11 hours ago, BerndB said:

Hi Gerald, i know, but you asked me in another thread (about an annoying pong sound) to raise any complaints about the new update in this thread, and you know we Germans are examined to do what we are told to do.😋

Anyway, those issues are happen unexpected to me too, because i´am using MCE for long time on any flight in exactly the same environment without those weird behavior. The issue 1 i could live with at least, but i thought it´s may be something to know, because it´s new to me and happend never before unless i installed the new version.

Much more strange is the issue 2 and 3 because this is very annoying and this also happens to my MCE the very first time after using the latest update and never before. 

I´am using only JEEHELL FMGS which uses the Project Airbus A32x as aircraft and flightmodel, because i´am using a A320 homecockpit and P3D is only the visual engine. I´am not using any aircraft specific flows or else within MCE, except my own Checklist because i don´t need flows. The job for my MCE-FO is only to handle all the ATC stuff in conjunction with PF3 and read down the checklists, while i´am the PF. This worked perfectly in the past unless i updated to the actual version. And i´am using TTS Cereproc voices for the FO.

And so my own a logical conclusion is, that there is something different in the new version which maybe wasn´t meant to be different. 😉 

Maybe you'd be better off going back to older version.

Or may want to disable "Call-outs and monitoring" feature

Jeehell FMGS isn't fully supported and we have clear no idea how MCE performs with it.

V2.8.0.6 mostly addresses flows execution speed, and unless there is a deluge of other posts suggesting something might be wrong with this build (which is always a possibility). for now, it appears the most fine tuned version, all things considered.